Nexus 7 - moving to new device

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
gzoomek
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Nexus 7 - moving to new device

Post by gzoomek »

I am moving from one Nexus 7 II device to another (from 16G WiFi to 32G LTE) and would like to transfer my car settings and best laps. I tried copying "\Android\data\com.harrys.laptimerpro" (using Windows file manager) to new device but it didn't help. Help, please?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nexus 7 - moving to new device

Post by Harry »

Export your data on the old device to the .hlptrl format. Make sure you select "All" as scope. You find the export function (e.g.) in the top right of Lap List. This will export both lap and vehicle data. Send the export to a mail account you can read on your new phone. Download the attachment and touch the file in "Downloads". Select LapTimer to import the data to LapTimer.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gzoomek
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by gzoomek »

Worked like a charm, thank you very much. It was difficult to find, have you considered naming it "backup" and placing it in the "settings" menu, where I was looking for it? The icon itself doesn't have a description even when you click on it, so you need to know what you're doing to find it.
nogfe01
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by nogfe01 »

I have the same problem, but importing does not work.
There is no way I can have Laptimer open the file, there is no import button.

The problem is, that Android seems to be inconsistent among the vendors and devices. For that I would expect Laptimer to have a proper import menue or button.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

nogfe01 wrote:I have the same problem, but importing does not work.
There is no way I can have Laptimer open the file, there is no import button.

The problem is, that Android seems to be inconsistent among the vendors and devices. For that I would expect Laptimer to have a proper import menue or button.
Yes, it is a little cumbersome to find a place the attachment can be opened using a long-press:
Send the export to a mail account you can read on your new phone. Download the attachment and touch the file in "Downloads". Select LapTimer to import the data to LapTimer.
In case that doesn't work, try a file manager like ES File Explorer or Dropbox.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
nogfe01
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by nogfe01 »

Perfect,

the Dropbox approach did the trick. ES File Explorer did not offer Laptimer as an option.

The wonderful thing is that it even worked like a charm migrating from Iphone to Sony Xperia. So Apple to Android
Sure, I had to buy twice the app, but it is worth it. Perfect App, keep it up.

Greetings from Bonn.
nogfe01
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by nogfe01 »

Quick one,

when migrating laps it seems that the track has not been migrated. So I lost my custom POI and modified T13 line.
This is less of a problem, but looking at the setup, I cannot set one of the old imported laps as my new reference time. Is that correct, or do I need to do more steps to migrate Track and associated Laps.
The car has been migrated well.

Any hint ?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Tracks need to be reloaded. In case you want to migrate a custom track set, use the Certify function and send the mail to yourself instead of Tracks@gps-laptimer.de Import works just like for lap data.

For the reference lap - make sure it is not set already and you have selected the corresponding track. Not sure it is necessary, but please try.

Harry
Image Image Image Image