Noob question

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
waddisme
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Noob question

Post by waddisme »

I think the pro is for me and am wanting to use it next weekend at VIR with my Iphone4. My question is I already have a camera set up, I just want to track lap times and all the other info. From what I have found here, is if you use the video recording function it only records every other lap. Can I just record the lap times, etc and overlay on my own video using the Dashboard view thing and still get every lap? TIA.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Noob question

Post by Harry »

Yes. You can even overlay your external videos using LapTimer Pro. Just record the whole event and cut the video in laps with any video editing software. Transfer to your iPhone, associate the video with the laps (Lap Details -> Edit -> Add Video), and press the Overlay button.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
waddisme
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by waddisme »

Awesome. Will try it out this weekend at VIR!
fredsiva
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by fredsiva »

Tried this with a GoPro. I managed to trim the video to one lap, stored in iTunes, copied to the iPhone. The problem is that the video appears under "VIDEO" and not under the photo camera. This means that LapTimer does not show the lap video in the list, since it seems it only shows the videos recorded with the iPhone, and not the movies. Any tip?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The video needs to be synchronized into the Photo app. On a Mac you achieve this by storing the video to iPhoto and synchronize it afterwards. On MS - no idea, maybe some readers can comment on this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
fredsiva
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by fredsiva »

Got it! I am using a Mac, so I used iTunes, but instead of dragging the video onto the "Movies" section of the iPhone, I considered it as a photo. Nice trick Harry!