Can I run the overlay process more than 1 time?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Can I run the overlay process more than 1 time?

Post by froggy47 »

I am doing overlay on the laps from event last sat.

It seems one was cut short.

May be some function of the smart phone like screen saver or battery saver that caused the interrupt, not sure.

Can I run overlay on that lap again?

:)

When I try it the lap now just seems to stall 3/4 of the way thru even though the phone features are now turned off.

This was the best lap (figures).

:(
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Moto X/android, Dual 160, generic OBD2
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I run the overlay process more than 1 time?

Post by Harry »

You can run the overlay (adding data recording to a raw video) repeatedly. This will generate a new copy of the overlaid part of the raw video each time you run the process. To repeat, enter the lap to overlay (again), press "Revert" to get back to the raw version, and press "Overlay".

In case your video is short (e.g. incoming call, low memory), there is no way to recreate that - it has not been recorded.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

Harry wrote:You can run the overlay (adding data recording to a raw video) repeatedly. This will generate a new copy of the overlaid part of the raw video each time you run the process. To repeat, enter the lap to overlay (again), press "Revert" to get back to the raw version, and press "Overlay".

In case your video is short (e.g. incoming call, low memory), there is no way to recreate that - it has not been recorded.

- Harry
If I play the video with es media player it's all there.
If I play the video with the phones video player it's cut short.

How do I make the overlay take place with the full version & not the cut short version.

I tried overlay several times but it's cut short even though the full version in in HLT "somewhere"

It seems like now there are two raw versions ??

If I just play the .mp4 file in com.harrys.laptimer (with esplayer) it's all there, but the overlay comes up short.
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Which video, which media player?
Which video?

Videos recorded by LapTimer are named "LapTimer-yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.mp4" while overlaid files get a filename like "LapTimer-yyyyMMdd-HHmmssOverlay.mp4". Maybe that helps to sort out which file is which one.

An overlaid video will usually be shorter than the raw video. It covers the lap's range in the raw video (plus a short Intro and Extro), not the complete video. So please check your lap's data in addition. You can check the data in Lap List -> Lap Details -> Data Recordings / Preview

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

Harry wrote:
Which video, which media player?
Which video?

Videos recorded by LapTimer are named "LapTimer-yyyyMMdd-HHmmss.mp4" while overlaid files get a filename like "LapTimer-yyyyMMdd-HHmmssOverlay.mp4". Maybe that helps to sort out which file is which one.

An overlaid video will usually be shorter than the raw video. It covers the lap's range in the raw video (plus a short Intro and Extro), not the complete video. So please check your lap's data in addition. You can check the data in Lap List -> Lap Details -> Data Recordings / Preview

- Harry

This is the original raw video only (no data). It's the only one out of 12 laps that is cut short (only cut short by the data overlay) not a complete lap.

If I play with an app called ES media player (you are the person who suggested it to me some weeks ago on another question of moving files) the whole/complete start to finish lap is present.

When I tell HLT to overlay data it only overlays 2/3 of the lap & stops dead/finish/no more.

How do I navigate to Lap List -> Lap Details -> Data Recordings / Preview?

This is Android HLT, I can't find it.
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Do you find Lap List? It is available from the options menu. Select any lap to get to Lap Details and scroll down to find Data Recordings / Preview. From what you write I understand the overlay is not finished but the app actually stops working at 2/3? You may add a screen shot showing the message you receive.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

Harry wrote:Do you find Lap List? It is available from the options menu. Select any lap to get to Lap Details and scroll down to find Data Recordings / Preview. From what you write I understand the overlay is not finished but the app actually stops working at 2/3? You may add a screen shot showing the message you receive.

- Harry
Yes, found all that.

When I play the video (with ES MEDIA PLAYER app) all the lap VIDEO is there. The data from obd & gps seems to just drop dead (when I do the overlay process) at 2/3 of the lap. But its fine on the other 11 of 12 laps. I did not to anything to the gps/obd in the meanwhile. It just quits.
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

Any way to save this lap, with data on full lap.
?

Thanks
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

Friday bump.
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06