Is there a way to select a specific lap as a reference?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Is there a way to select a specific lap as a reference?

Post by karacticus »

I'm attempting to compare laps between multiple cars, and while I can use the filtering to select the fastest lap from any vehicle as the reference, I'd like to pick a specific lap as a reference.

Is that possible, and how might it be done?

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to select a specific lap as a reference?

Post by Harry »

Select the lap in Lap List and press the Reference button.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by karacticus »

Ahh- the reference button is on the iPhone version of the app, but I don't see it on the iPad.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It is available in both, please scroll to the bottom of the Lap Details screen. In case the button is not visible, the lap is the reference already.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by karacticus »

OK-- I got that, it works great as long as the same vehicle is used in the comparisons.

The only way I've found so far to compare vehicles is to select the control icon on the chart, and switch on the "Allow Any Car" control, at which point I seem to be stuck with the fastest lap in the list for a given track.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I checked the reference topic with respect to the current vehicle... Once a (fixed) reference lap is set for a track, it is used as expected:
  1. Selecting "Best" or "Last" takes both track and vehicle into account
  2. Exception: when in the Laps data recording area, there is an option to not take the vehicle into account
  3. While a fixed reference lap is selected, the vehicle is *not* taken into account, only the track needs to be the same
  4. The last features is used e.g. when downloading a challenge - the car is almost always a different one
  5. BUT: the fixed reference lap selection is somewhat broken: it is presented only in case the selected lap is not the reference lap already - either best, last, or fixed; however, it should be hidden in case it is a fixed reference only... Sample: you have one lap for vehicle B, while all other laps are recorded for A; now, it you want to select the vehicle B lap as the reference, it cannot be selected: as it is the only lap for the vehicle, it is the reference already (for best and last, see item 1) and will have the Reference button hidden
This is a pretty complicated topic when dealing with multiple laps and vehicles. ;-)

The last item will be fixed in the next upcoming version, "Reference" will be hidden only in case it is selected as a fixed reference laps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
karacticus
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by karacticus »

Harry wrote:
This is a pretty complicated topic when dealing with multiple laps and vehicles. ;-)
Probably much easier to demonstrate than to describe in writing! ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes :-)
Image Image Image Image