Derive Nordschleife BTG lap time from Nordschleife Full data

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
shaneeudy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Derive Nordschleife BTG lap time from Nordschleife Full data

Post by shaneeudy »

I just recently did a track day at the Nordschleife so I was using the full track set. Is there any way to derive a BTG time from this data?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Derive Nordschleife BTG lap time from Nordschleife Full

Post by Harry »

Try the following: export the full lap to NMEA or VBO or GPX and send it per mail to yourself. Load the BTG track set. Open mail and touch the file exported. Select LapTimer to open this file.
Image Image Image Image
shaneeudy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by shaneeudy »

I tried all three and each time I got the message "LapTimer read import successfully but could not recognize any laps. Please check if the matching track set is loaded."
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Ok. Please send any of these to me and I will check (Harry@gps-laptimer.de), please use the session scope, I assume you have several continuous laps recorded?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
shaneeudy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by shaneeudy »

Ah, that's it. I was exporting only one lap. Exporting Seasion did it. Thank you so much!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, seems I need to improve the error message. LapTimer requires both the start and the finish trigger areas as part of the import to detect a full lap. So it is possible to import full laps starting at Döttinger Höhe (both bridge and gantry included), but not full laps starting at T13 (start not included - in the beginning). A session export can combine laps from consecutive laps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
shaneeudy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by shaneeudy »

As soon as you said "session" I knew exactly what had happened. (And I felt like an idiot because, of course, laps started at T13 do not include the Bridge starting point of the BTG lap.) I'm so glad I didn't delete the short "lap #0" that preceded the real lap :)

Thanks again so much for your help.