Timer or racer view while recording video?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Matt Gent
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Timer or racer view while recording video?

Post by Matt Gent »

It seems that video can only be recorded while in the camera view. I would like to see the timer or racer views while driving the lap. The camera view isn't very helpful as I could just look out the windshield to see the same thing. I would like to see the delta to reference segment or lap.

Is it possible to change views but still record for later viewing? If not can this be added to a future revision?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Timer or racer view while recording video?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

As the device needs to be in landscape to record landscape videos, the Video View is the only option currently. As soon as I introduce landscape timer views, it will be possible to record video in background. That is on my list, but not yet implemented.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gaskleppie
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gaskleppie »

That would be a great option! Last weekend I didnt record the video because I found that the timing was more important to see. If I could do both that should be great.
If there is a horizontal timing screen there is no need anymore to turn the iphone 90degrees to start recording video. Great idea!
Matt Gent
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Matt Gent »

I'd be happy with it even if it was sideways (ie no landscape view). Just need a quick glance each lap or segment to see how a change in approach resulted in better or worse times.
zapanbcn
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by zapanbcn »

Sorry, Any idea when this option will be suportted? Thanks for your great work Harry ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No time line so far. It will not be available in Spring release (v15), but most probably the next major release afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image