Laptimer, GoPro, and RaceRender for MAC

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Laptimer, GoPro, and RaceRender for MAC

Post by llan981 »

I have HLT GP v18.0.22, GOPRO BE3+, and using the RaceRender v3.08 on my MacBook.

1. In this configuration, I know I can import my GoPro video into RaceRender but want to use the HLT overlay as you do an excellent job in turn and corner and straight speed overlays. Do you know if your files can overlay into racerender?

2. If above #1 not available, I read your video documentation and is the only alternative to use Quicktime and export to a iPhone format and then input using iTunes so HLT can see it.

3. When using Quicktime for an iPhone 5S what export value is recommended? When I selected iPhone 5 format the best resolution it gave me for iPhone 5 was 720P and I was expecting 1080P30fps.

Note: I tried using Trackvision, Dashware and RaceRender. I was happy to find out of the 3 aftermarket software packages RaceRender was only one who has native MAC version

FINALLY, I SEE IN VARIOUS POSTS A VERSION OF HLT FOR MAC, FORTHCOMING. WHEN?????? AND WILL SOLVE ALL THE SCENARIOS ABOVE BY HAVING THE ABILITY TO DO THE INTEGRATIONS MENTIONED ABOVE!!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laptimer, GoPro, and RaceRender for MAC

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Harry's LapTimer for Mac is planned for next year, so it will take some time. In case you want the LapTimer overlays, there best approach is to transfer the GoPro footage to the iPhone5S. You can other use the Photo app sync or drop the video file into LapTimer's Documents folder using iBrowse. You can use a FullHD@30Hz format in a .mov container. Please search for "Handbrake" here on the forum to find a solution that will do all kinds of conversions for you.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

It's very easy to do. I didn't have to convert my gopro footage for it to work in laptimer.
details here: viewtopic.php?p=11479#p11479
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Handbrake, at least the Windows version, does not offer a .mov container. MPEG Streamclip does.