Export video with overlay except lap time

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Export video with overlay except lap time

Post by gplracerx »

crc0069,

Are there any other apps running in the background that aren't necessary and that you can kill? It sounds like the system is trying to do too many things at once. Either that or the memory is fragmented from apps that don't clean up after themselves well, if that's possible in Android. Rebooting usually cures that sort of thing.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case you get a message, please create a snapshot next time. That's always helpful to better understand what the problem with the configuration is. Since one of the last updates, LapTimer accesses all places videos can be stored in by LapTimer. To get an overview on these places, check the Video List - each section is one of these places. An external SD card will appear as one of these sections. The placed used to write videos is decided on when LapTimer is started: it checks the available space for each of the locations and set LapTimer's output directory to the one with most memory available. LapTimer does not recalculate that in case the situation changes (SD card moved in / out, or primary location is filled up). To force a new decision on the output directory, you need to send the app to background and kill / restart it.

Just to be sure we are in the same status. To record a video in addition to data recording, press the Video button from Timer View and stay in this view while driving.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
crc0069
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by crc0069 »

Ok so today I tried this again. Now it shows video is that but when I select it, it says no video. When I select the overlay there is a message invalid master video, reference PIP video not valid - excluded, 2 minutes required. What am I doing wrong?
crc0069
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by crc0069 »

Oh also. I think that yesterday I was not getting video because when it connects to the OBD II it losses video. I removed it from the car today to try to get video. Any ideas there?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

crc0069 wrote:Ok so today I tried this again. Now it shows video is that but when I select it, it says no video. When I select the overlay there is a message invalid master video, reference PIP video not valid - excluded, 2 minutes required. What am I doing wrong?
Where does "it show video"? In case you see "Invalid Master", this means either the video is not on the file system / can't be found, or it is too big to be processed.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

crc0069 wrote:Oh also. I think that yesterday I was not getting video because when it connects to the OBD II it losses video. I removed it from the car today to try to get video. Any ideas there?
OBD and video are not related... What do you mean by "losses video"?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by xps911 »

xps911 wrote:You can make it compliant with the settings already available Eddie
these are the settings
Attachments
comply.jpg
comply.jpg (41.34 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
crc0069
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by crc0069 »

When I go to lap list and go down to the runs yesterday, the video symbol is there. But when I select that lap from the list, under video there is no video. As for the OBD, when it is plugged in to the car and connects to the app. I select drive and then video. The screen at first shows the video and then goes black. After the run again from the lap list there is no symbol for video and also when selected there is no video. I can send video or pictures if you would like. I would like to work this out with you because so far your app seem like it would do what I need if I could get these 2 things worked out. Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

It seems there is a problem with the device or it's compatibility to LapTimer. The video getting black means that Android fails to keep the video session and drops the recording at some point. This is in line with your observation you see a video symbol in Lap List (which means LapTimer started a video recording and stored the file's link in the lap database). Once you select the lap you see NO VIDEO - which means LapTimer can't find file it thought to have recorded.

I need to say I can't help a lot in a situation like this. It is probably about the device / Android version combination that requires different handling I'm not aware of, a general issue in this particular situation, or even a hardware fault that appears in certain situations. In case you feel you can't use LapTimer currently, please feel free to delete it and send me our refund request to Harry@gps-laptimer.de Or check for an Android update etc.

Sorry, I can't do more.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
crc0069
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by crc0069 »

I was the one that ask you if the Samsung Tab 4 would work. This is the latest and greatest Samsung. The newest operating system. I'm guessing that you'll have to fix it to move forward with the Android app. Close to $300 US just to have this app. Very sad :( since I already had an ipad and didn't really need another tablet.