Laptimer Pertolhead on Android with 997 Turbo

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
AndersJG
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Laptimer Pertolhead on Android with 997 Turbo

Post by AndersJG »

Hi!
I am a new user of Laptimer Petrolhead on Android.
I made my first recorded laps in a Porsche Club Track day the other week driving my 997 Turbo gen 1.
Lap timer Petrol head is definitely better than other lap timers I tried on Android, but I hope to get it tuned even better:
1) How is the volumetric efficiency used ? It is set by default to 75% but when searching the internet for how to calculate I guess it should be much higher for my car especially considering the Turbos, if the intercooler is efficient enough - any tips for how to calculate?
2) I am using the ELM327 Noname ODB Bluetooth plug and Qstartz 818 10 Hz Bluetooth GPS and I could get sensor data ... or more precisely I though, but looking at what is overlaid, the speed, RPM, HP, turbo pressure are fluctuating too much to be true and temp and petrol tank gauge are stuck at 50%. Any thoughts on this? Is there a way to display the current ODB data to check it before you start driving?
3) I could record and make overlay on the video, but it is a little unclear if I can select what to overlay on Android, I searched the forum but couldn't find the menu referred to in one post on my Android Phone...
4) When playing back the overlaid video I do not get any green dot moving along the track contour on the video - any thoughts on this?
5) What are the recommended (best) ODB and external GPS that does not cost a fortune and work on Android?

Thanks for a fantastic tool getting better every release! :D

Best regards
Anders Svensson
Sweden