Where does HLT put the files? Android.

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Where does HLT put the files? Android.

Post by froggy47 »

On my camera memory I find

xt1049 (camera)
internal storage
android
data
com.harrys.laptimer
laptimes
cache
cache_

The above is drilling down thru folders. When I get to the last one (files) are those what I copy into Racerender so that I can more easily view the data and from there create a movie type file to upload to YouTube?

Thanks.

Are any of these what is referred to as "sandbox"?
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Moto X/android, Dual 160, generic OBD2
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Where does HLT put the files? Android.

Post by Harry »

For Android, LapTimer stores all video (raw and overlaid) on the smartphone's SD card, in folder "Movies". In case the phone has no external SD card, a simulated SD card is used. You can see the folder by browsing into any Video Detail in Video List. As an alternative, generate a Contact note using the button on LapTimer's About dialog, it includes the full path to the SD card directory selected.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

Moto x has no removable sd card. 16gb of onboard storage. The movies file is empty, only found what I listed as above.

Is that because I did not initiate video as I should have?

Thanks.

So the video is stored in a different folder from the data?
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No videos recorded will certainly give you an empty Movies dir?
Image Image Image Image
wlee32
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wlee32 »

I have a motox, the path to overlaid videos is as follows:
SD Card/ storage/ emulated/ legacy/ Movies

I cannot find that directory when I plug my phone in. In addition, when I look in the phone's gallery, the overlaid videos are not shown in there. How do I get the overlaid lap video out of the app?

Thanks in advance!
wlee32
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wlee32 »

Bump on this. I have the motox as well. The overlaid video shows in lap list but not in the gallery, and when I go in to look for the source it is as follows:

SD Card/ storage/ emulated/ legacy/ Movies

When I plug my phone into the computer, I cannot even find this path.

Perhaps froggy47 has found and not updated?

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

A path like /storage/emulated/legacy/Movies is a path in Android's file system. That's the technical position. It depends on the desktop tooling manufacturers provide with the smartphone what portion you see. Even with Android, you will usually not get a view on the file system like you see it for your desktop' s hard disk. So maybe it is /Movies, maybe something else (don't have a MotoX). For external SD cards it is easy, the emulated once are difficult to handle. You may try a tool like ES Explorer to search for the video files and find out which directories are exposed to the desktop integration tooling.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
froggy47
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by froggy47 »

Harry wrote:Hi,

A path like /storage/emulated/legacy/Movies is a path in Android's file system. That's the technical position. It depends on the desktop tooling manufacturers provide with the smartphone what portion you see. Even with Android, you will usually not get a view on the file system like you see it for your desktop' s hard disk. So maybe it is /Movies, maybe something else (don't have a MotoX). For external SD cards it is easy, the emulated once are difficult to handle. You may try a tool like ES Explorer to search for the video files and find out which directories are exposed to the desktop integration tooling.

- Harry
Yes ES Explorer will see it, then you copy it to a different folder that your desktop software can see.

I use dcim/camera/hlt (I created hlt)

Use hlt to overlay data first if you wish
Autox & HPDE
2004 Corvette Z06