Inaccessible mounting

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
jwmelvin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Inaccessible mounting

Post by jwmelvin »

I am mounting my phone on the harness bar directly behind my seats, in the middle obviously. I cannot reach the screen once the phone is clipped in, as it is about an inch in front of the firewall. It seems like calibration will automatically happen after the phone is stabilized?

Am I correct that I can start the video mode and then clip the phone in place, and everything will be fine, or is there a need for me to touch the screen once it's mounted?

Thanks for such a great app!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Inaccessible mounting

Post by Harry »

Sorry for the late reply. Calibration works automatic. In case it doesn't, you can calculate values from GPS. In addition, v18 comes with an option to correct a missing yaw calibration (which is the most frequent issue with auto calibration). Once you have enabled video background recording and mounted the device, everything should work fine without touching the device. It is certainly not an ideal configuration as you will not see if something is wrong. For unattended operation like this, it is certainly saver to record without video as this part is the more sensible one (processing and storage).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
jwmelvin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jwmelvin »

Thanks Harry. It seemed to work fine yesterday. Video didn't record during one session but it got timing for all the laps I think.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k., fine. For the missing video: check your available memory. That's the only reason I can think of if laps are recorded but video is missing.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image