How exactly do I get 2 GoPro's to work

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
indyblade
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

How exactly do I get 2 GoPro's to work

Post by indyblade »

as title
got 1 GoPro to pair with HLT in Iphone settings and changed password from goprohero to the one that matches my GoPro, how do I get a 2nd GoPro on the network ( its not mine ) without changing its password, both camera networks show on my phone but can only select 1,
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How exactly do I get 2 GoPro's to work

Post by Harry »

As long as the HEROs are not able to connect to an existing network (e.g HERO A to HERO B's network), this will not work. I'm still hoping for some advanced settings in future firmware revisions... Your iPhone can connect to one wifi network at a time. It is not possible to connect to two networks at the same time. To record with two GoPros, you will basically control the HEROs using the GoPro remote control (which uses some proprietary technology). Once you have recorded two video using the GoPros and data using LapTimer, you need to transfer the videos to your phone and manually align them to the lap. This includes syncing the lap time with the video frames. All of this is described in LapTimer video documentation (check LapTimer's home page please). LapTimer v18 will make this process easier, as it will align complete sessions of laps at a time (instead of doing it for every laps).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
indyblade
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by indyblade »

Thanks Harry
So if I've got this right GoPro 1 will record automatically along with HLT ( I get the GoPro camera in the HLT screen ) on IPhone network 12345678, GoPro 2 will have to be started with GoPro remote, no problem thanks for the help
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes. Take care you set GoPro 1 to app wifi, and GoPro 2 to GoPro's wifi type. I have not checked the exact names for the settings, but I think you know what I mean :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image