Transferring MultiCam footage to Master Device

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
nikgrove@mac.com
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Transferring MultiCam footage to Master Device

Post by nikgrove@mac.com »

Hi,

Is there another way to transfer video between devices other than icloud? I only have DSL and it's going to take 96 hours to upload! Can I sync the videos through the Mac or transfer via Bluetooth or AirDrop?

Many thanks,

Nik.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Transferring MultiCam footage to Master Device

Post by Harry »

[Moved to Using LapTimer]

Yes, turn off the automatic iCloud submission in MultiCam first to not initiate the standard process. Next, you transfer the raw video as follows: move the view to the Photo app; to do that, select the video in the Recording List (section "MultiCam Recordings"), scroll to the bottom, and select the Move button. This will transfer the video from MultiCam to the Photo app. Verify you can see the video in Photo app / Camera Roll. Next, sync the "Photo" to your desktop and over to the master device. To do this, you need to configure iTunes Photo(!) syncing correctly. Please ignore the Video tab in iTunes, we use the Photo app - desire we include videos here. Make sure you check the Include Video switch in iTunes / Photo.

Once this is done, the video will land in your Photo app on the master. Actually it will be associated with the laps automatically, no further action required.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
nikgrove@mac.com
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Perfect, thanks Harry!
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dr_Pippin »

Harry wrote:[Moved to Using LapTimer]

Yes, turn off the automatic iCloud submission in MultiCam first to not initiate the standard process. Next, you transfer the raw video as follows: move the view to the Photo app; to do that, select the video in the Recording List (section "MultiCam Recordings"), scroll to the bottom, and select the Move button. This will transfer the video from MultiCam to the Photo app. Verify you can see the video in Photo app / Camera Roll. Next, sync the "Photo" to your desktop and over to the master device. To do this, you need to configure iTunes Photo(!) syncing correctly. Please ignore the Video tab in iTunes, we use the Photo app - desire we include videos here. Make sure you check the Include Video switch in iTunes / Photo.

Once this is done, the video will land in your Photo app on the master. Actually it will be associated with the laps automatically, no further action required.

- Harry
I really wish I had seen this post earlier tonight. I've just spent the past 45 minutes stumbling around figuring out how to do exactly what you described so succinctly. Guess I'll be bringing a laptop to the track with me for video transfers!
nikgrove@mac.com
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

BTW it does appear that if your devices support air drop it does work, which means you don't have to get the computer involved.

Another top tip - transfer everything (including lap data) from your phone to an iPad (which typically has more space) and then overlay from there, much easier! :)
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dr_Pippin »

AirDrop does work?!? How are you using it? I've got an iPad that I would much prefer to take to the track and use instead of a laptop.
Dr_Pippin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dr_Pippin »

While driving to the track yesterday I was able to see how to transfer the multicam's footage to the master iPhone for video overlay. Thanks for letting me know it is possible! Sure wouldn't have thought to try it otherwise.