Using on the road

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Using on the road

Post by tulloch »

I have previously only used HLT on the road to take video, no problem there.
The other day I just wanted to record my route so I could repeat later if I wanted. I realised I hadn't a clue how to start Lap Timer when not using video. Is the only way to create a start trigger point or is there as way to manually start and stop recording the "lap"?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using on the road

Post by Harry »

Manual recording is provided in Video View and Classic / Stopwatch View only by default. However, you can enable that feature for all timer views in LapTimer's Settings (check the Behavior section).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Cheers Harry, will check out tonight.
tulloch
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by tulloch »

Got that. Does turning on manual disable the auto-start or will HLT still respond to triggers?
Noticed on the map tonight a small green dot just on the edge of the circle that surrounds the blue position dot. Can't say I've noticed that before. Any idea what it means?
Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Manual operation can be combined with automatic as required. Having the option enabled does not change automatic operation. The reason I have added this option and set it to "No" as a default is so many users thought they need to press this button - which is not necessary. So to clean up the interface, the manual buttons were removed in standard settings.

The map view shows the map, the current position, POIs around, and the last 200 (or similar) positions delivered by GPS. While driving, you will see a plot.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image