Bulk GoPro data overlay

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
MattC813
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Bulk GoPro data overlay

Post by MattC813 »

Hi all,

Just trying to get ahead of the curve before my next track day using HLT with my gopro now that I've upgraded to GP. How does it work with HLT overlaying the data on the gopro video to ensure that it lines up correctly? Obviously with the iPhone video it's synced up, but with the gopro video, does it require manual start/stop points of each lap? Just curious and haven't seen any documentation that specifically addresses this, although I could have overlooked it. Thanks guys!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bulk GoPro data overlay

Post by Harry »

Please check the video documentation available: http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf and search for the section "Experimental Support for GoPro HERO". That's all you want to know :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MattC813
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MattC813 »

Thanks Harry, one last question: will I need to manually do that for each lap, or will it overlay the data for each lap over the whole gopro based on the selected starting point?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need to add the tag once per session. In case you have several laps recorded in one session, LapTimer will align all laps at once.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MattC813
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by MattC813 »

Ok good deal, because I know I run 15 laps or so, so was wondering if I needed to manually sync every lap up or just the beginning and it would overlay based on that point. Thanks again for your continued support!