Batch file transfer off iPhone

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
ma240
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Batch file transfer off iPhone

Post by ma240 »

My iPhone 4 crapped out and i am getting an iPhone5. I also have an iPad. is there a way to batch export files off the iPhone 4 to any of the devices (including a PC)? I have tried several times to use the Send option from iphone to ipad but have not been able to get this to work. Also won't want to transfer 100s of files individually anyways.

Suggestions welcome.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Batch file transfer off iPhone

Post by Harry »

Select the small button in the Lap List's top left - it will bring up LapTimer's export dialog. Select "All" laps as the scope and select ".hlptrl" as the export format. Export either to Dropbox or to a mail. You can import this data later on. Please note this will not include videos and LapTimer Settings.

The usual way to get over all data (including video et al) when changing an iPhone, is restoring a backup / using the iTunes migration support. This certainly requires you to have a regular synchronization between your phone and iTunes running.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Blitz05
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Blitz05 »

I downloaded an app called "Easy Transfer" for both my iPhone and iPad. Reason why is, when I go to tracking events at Buttonwillow Raceway, I pretty much always rent a garage, so we have electricity, but still lack wifi for the iPad. Easy Transfer allows one to transfer both pictures and video through either wifi OR BLUETOOTH. I believe it's like a $2 app.

Convenient because it allows lap data to transfer to the much bigger screen of the iPad.
ma240
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ma240 »

I have the hlptrl file saved in dropbox. How do i import the file from dropbox into the new phone (and also my ipad) . I don't see an import button on any of the screens.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Start the DropBox app and navigate to the .hlptrl file. Select the file and press the small icon showing an arrow pointing in a bin (save or something like that). Select LapTimer to open.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rbpeirce »

I don't have any arrows. I have small checkmarks in green circles.

If I select the file it asks me what I want to open it in but LapTimer isn't an option. This is on a Mac Mini and a MacBook Pro.
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You need to select the .hlptrl file in Dropbox on your phone!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image