New GoPro Update - Wireless Transfer

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

New GoPro Update - Wireless Transfer

Post by Dubbedown »

http://www.cultofmac.com/237862/gopro-c ... os-device/

Is this something that will be incorporated in the near future? Record with GoPro as main, transfer over to phone, overlay using HLT software???
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New GoPro Update - Wireless Transfer

Post by Harry »

As the protocol is not public, this will take some time to find out. I certainly plan to use this new feature but need to balance the time with other development plans.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Man this would be the ultimate update, anxiously waiting! =D
flummy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by flummy »

It's not necessary to transfer the videos from gopro with the hlt app ?
You can use the free app "GoPro" and copy the files to your iOS device. After that you can import the video in the hlt app and use it with your track datas ?

I hope you understand what i mean and also i understood your posting right. ( My "best-english-time" is a little bit ago ;) )

I'm very happy about every single update, new features and so on, but in this case you can use the transfer without giving Harry days to work on a not such an important update ;)

Greetings
Andreas
---------------------------------------------
Sorry for my not perfect english
Native language is German ;)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that should be possible. The disadvantage is you will not get the (half) automatic alignment of laps and videos, you need to do this yourself.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Correct I believe doing manual transfer using the gopro app means you still need to manually adjust for exact overlaying. Not to mention I think when you transfer from gopro to iPhone using gopro app, it decompresses video to lower quality...?
flummy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by flummy »

Dubbedown wrote:Not to mention I think when you transfer from gopro to iPhone using gopro app, it decompresses video to lower quality...?
Thats correct, but you´ll get a lower quality when you make a gopro video and convert it to make it compatible with a iPhone 3 / 4 anyway ....

What i found out:
When you transfer the lap informations to a iPad and copy also the videos with the gopro app you (should) keep the quality high: Using the gopro app on an iPad you get the selection "high quality" "lower quality" and it takes more time to copy the video from gopro to your iPad than to the iPhone....
---------------------------------------------
Sorry for my not perfect english
Native language is German ;)