PiP i device to i device without iCloud

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

PiP i device to i device without iCloud

Post by rscliofan »

Hi Harry, is it possible to to transfer the multicam video from one i device to another via a PC rather than go via iCloud?

My internet connection is very slow and it takes over an hour to upload 100mb !!

Can i use something like iFunBox and move them off one device and onto another. I realise the dangers of this and i know its not something you can recommend someone undertake but it is something i am used to doing. I would just need to know if its possible and where i would find the files.

Thanks
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: PiP i device to i device without iCloud

Post by bulls23 »

The "official" way of doing so without iCloud is using iTunes and the Photo synchronization:

http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... hapter.pdf
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Cheers bulls23 i looked at the documentation but it just refers to using gopro video being transferred to the desktop and converted into compatible video before using itunes to put it on the device.

Only documentation refers to iCloud for i devices.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Wasn't really aware of that...sorry. Nevertheless, apart from the converting part it's the same procedure for external iDevice videos. Get the Multicam video to your PC / Mac and then sync it with iTunes to get it into your main device's camera roll (Photos App). HLT will then automatically recognize the Multicam video and it will be available for PiP overlays.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

I though that but it doesn't show, I take it I have to move the video to photos and then to the laptop and then use iTunes to move it back.

Thanks
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Ok quick update.

You simply transfer the multicam video to camera roll. Then plug the device into the laptop. Open the camera roll folder and drag the videos onto the laptop. Then put the device with HLT onto the laptop and open iTunes. Then add the videos so they sync into the photo library. HLT will then detect them from there and use them directly from there.
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

I'll be having the same thing to do this evening, and have an additional question:
Will HLT detect the right video based on filename? Or are there any other criteria?

I have three videos: Master, and two Multicam slaves. One of the latter was handheld by my co-pilot, and thus, is very shaky. I'd like to stabilize it a bit using After Effects before I sync it back onto the device for the overlay process.
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

LapTimer generates a unique tag for each relation between a lap and a video. This tag is stored in the video's meta information if possible (for GoPro it needs to be added manually). So once a video appears on the iPhone (either Photo library, or LapTimer's recordings, or iCloud), LapTimer will automatically associate the video to the correct lap.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Is it possible to read this tag on the source video manually and apply it to the video After Effects produces?
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have no idea were the tag can be edited except the sample shown in the video docs. Depending on the future evolution of LapTimer's video handling, I may add a tagging capability in the app itself - but I'd certainly prefer to make this something not needed at all...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image