TBL Lapwise vs. HLT app

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TBL Lapwise vs. HLT app

Post by Harry »

The accuracy circles are probably very small, so please un-check GPS Fixes to see more.
And two intermediates make three sectors ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
markchristenson
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by markchristenson »

Ahh, I see them now. Still not sure what to do with them but I do see them :-)

As for the splits, there are two Split POIs, and one Start/Finish POI. Shouldn't that result in three intermediate times being captured? S/F-Split 1, Split 1 to Split 2, and Split 2 to Start/Finish?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Well, in case they are small, you do not need to care about. I use them frequently to understand the conditions a lap has been recorded.

The CSV (and other exports) show the split times, not the sector times. LapTimer's laps bar chart, or the result details in Lap Details show both the split times and the sector times. The split time is the time elapsed since the start of the lap, while the sector time is the time elapsed since the last start / stop or split trigger. Sector times can be calculated from overall lap time plus split times, that is the reason only the split times are exported.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
markchristenson
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by markchristenson »

I just figured out that I was looking at the data wrong. I assumed that the intermediate times were for that sector, but obviously they are the cumulative time to that point on the track--apologies!

(And I see you posted while I was writing my post--thanks for the clarification!)