Deleting track outlines

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Deleting track outlines

Post by NRGDEAD »

Hey everyone,

I flew over the documentation and did run some searches, but I was unable to find out how to delete the track outlines, for example, in online viewing.
My understanding is that those are the GPS path of one lap. Can I choose which one? Or can I reset it without deleting laps?
The reason I ask: My NordschleifeBTG looks pretty sloppy, since it was generated off my 4S' GPS while driving my daily driver rather slow across the Ring. Now that I have designated ringtool and Dual XGPS-150E, I'd prefer to see the outline as butterweich (very smooth) as I keep seeing it on screenshots. ;-)

If that is not possible, please feel free to move this thread to "Feature requests". Otherwise I'd be grateful if you pointed me in the right direction. ;-)

Cheers
NRG
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deleting track outlines

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I removed the function to purge recordings some time ago (I considered it an anachronism when LapTimer's 32bit storage capabilities were introduced). Purging recordings means the GPS/OBD/acceleration plots are removed, but the lap time and event data is kept. My developer version has this function again already - because sometimes it is simply bad data your carry around and want to get rid of it. Till the next update, the only approach is to remove the recordings is to export the lap to .hlptrl, remove all fixes using a XML editor, and importing it again. Once this is done, you simply remove the "old lap including recordings".

Both the Online View and the Video Preview (not the actual overlay) select the first lap with valid recordings to show a shape. So in case yours look bad, you need to remove either this lap (or its recording - see above).

I do not plan to support any tweaks to select the lap shape currently. The reason is I plan to supply "ideal" track shapes as part of LapTimer's track sets in the future - most probably the Spring 2014 release ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
NRGDEAD
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by NRGDEAD »

Ah, thanks.
Yes, the ideal shape sounds best; in that case I'm happy to wait. Looking forward to it. :-)

For custom tracks, I assume it's being done the old fashioned way?
Now you're cookin'!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, for custom tracks and for tracks I have not collected shapes on my server so far.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image