transferring a video to my PC

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
tomiboy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

transferring a video to my PC

Post by tomiboy »

If I take a video on my Iphone it is easy to transfer to my PC, but I can't figure out how to do it with HLTP videos. I'm technically challenged and old! Please help!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: transferring a video to my PC

Post by Harry »

Video you record using Apple's cam app are stored in the iPhone's Photo library. This library is synchronized to desktops using iTunes. Video recorded using LapTimer are stored in LapTimer's documents are first. Once you add an overlay, the result lands in the Photo library just like the videos recorded using Apple's cam app do. In case you want to move the raw videos recorded by LapTimer to the desktop, move the video to the Photo library manually: select Video List, select the video (Video Details) and press the Move button (the one with the flower = Photo library).

Hope that helps,

Harry
Image Image Image Image
cwatson
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cwatson »

Harry,

Is there a way to access the files from a PC without transferring them to library? I do endurance racing with ~90 minute stints and it takes forever to do the transfer. You also can't transfer unless the iThing has free space equal to or greater than the video, which would cause a problem if you recorded a video that used more than half the space or recorded multiple videos...

Thanks,

Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, you may use iExplorer. I have links to the old (free) versions available here on the forum. Please check the troubleshooting area and open the FAQ on "Send Databases to Harry".

Harry
Image Image Image Image
simontemplar
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by simontemplar »

I am using an iphone5 and I am unable to find the stored videos anywhere on the phone. I can watch the videos and overlay in HLT but I can't find the videos that should be in the photos/video folder or anywhere else on my phone, so I am unable to transfer to another device and free up storage space. Where are my videos hiding??
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please start the Photo app and select the Camera Roll. This is were videos are going once the overlay has been created (using Lap List -> any lap -> Overlay). Raw footage is stored in LapTimer's own storage area and is not accessible (except using tools like iExplorer [now iBrowser]).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image