Change master and PiP in multicam mode?

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
SwedishGTR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Change master and PiP in multicam mode?

Post by SwedishGTR »

Thanks for excellent app. In preparation for my first trip to the Nordschleife later in April, I am trying to figure out how to use the HPT app to its fullness. With the multicam feature in the latest v17 I am trying to get the footage from my GoPro Hero 3 integrated in my overlaid video lap recordings. After some trial and error (and extensive use of the new documentation) I managed to get it to work. The process is quite complicated though so I look forward to a smoother integration some time in the future.

To the question. I would like to use the footage from my master device (an iPhone 4) to be presented as picture-in-picture, and the footage from my GoPro as the master footage. Currently it is vice-versa, and I can't seem to figure out if (and if so how) I can switch between them. Is it possible to switch? If so, how do I do?

Why do I try to do this you may ask? Well, first of all the quality of the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition footage is world class - a level my iPhone 4 camera can not even come close to. Makes most sense to use the best-quality footage as the master. On my iPhone I use the face camera, recording close-ups of my work with the car's steering wheel and gear-shift paddles. That will make a good PiP overlaid on top of the master.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Change master and PiP in multicam mode?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The intension is clear, the GoPro video will make the best master. Switching Master and PiP is easy too: enter the lap you want to overlay, press the Edit button, and drag either the PiP video up - or the master down. This will change order and role the individual videos play. Seems I need to add another snapshot to the doc, the description is in the first paragraph of section "Working with Multiple Videos". :-) Please share your vids here or on Facebook once they are done. I'm excited to see more MultiCam videos!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwedishGTR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Change master and PiP in multicam mode?

Post by SwedishGTR »

Nice and simple ;-). The simple solutions are always the best. Thanks!