Dumb question on start finish markers.

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
limpabit
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Dumb question on start finish markers.

Post by limpabit »

Hi everyone.

Got a really dumb question. Never used the laptimer on a track day before. But going to use it tomorrow as Bedford Autodrome Gran Turismo Circuit.

My question is, will the lap time start while waiting to enter track from the pits? It's slightly adjasent to the start/finish line.

Or will it start after crossing the start/finish line on the track, after one complete circuit?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dumb question on start finish markers.

Post by Harry »

The start / stop trigger should actually be set to fire only when passing it on track. The introduction lap (and same for the incomplete last) cannot be compared to regular laps. In case it triggers nevertheless, just delete it when back in the pits.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
limpabit
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by limpabit »

Thanks for the confirmation Harry.

Really looking forward to trying all the gadgets together on track. Got Harry's laptime on the phone, little Asus for recording datalogging from the MBE ECU and two go pro's. Just got to try and work it out how to bring it all together with RaceRender. Main problem is geting all the datalogging data in sync.

Thanks again Harry. :)
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Bedford, as Harry says you should be OK, for safety though, drive down the pits by the garage, not the pit wall.
I've had no false triggers in the Bedford pits.
Post up your vids after please, love to compare them to my 3:22 and a bit!
Video here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=293&start=20
GT Circuit if great, have fun.
h
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM

limpabit
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by limpabit »

Hi.

I wasn't very quick unfortunatley. I was more concerned with trying out all the gadgets (Go pro's, Iphone lap timer, and datalogger from ECU). Learned not to run 18 PSI standard tyre pressures, need to play with adjustable dampers and anti roll bars as lurching a fair bit the car. Not to mention my crap driving! But was a good day.

Here's a link.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP1cJQzYO0k[/youtube]

Unfortunatley, I think I need an external GPS to use with the iphone as it was getting mixed signals. Mounted to the right of the windscreen, just above dashboard. LapTimer did not pick up all the laps. When it did, picked up quite a bit of corrupt data. So was excluded from the above video. It was my first time trying the gadets, so was a good trial day to try everything and learn. :D
hms
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by hms »

Nice vid.
Look forward to seeing a lap when you have everything sorted!
h
Black S Special goes by the name of Lexie.
JRSC M45, 189.6 bhp JR ARB's, TDR belt tensioner, Steve Heath Rose jointed drop links, Absolutely Shocks GAZ springs and dampers, Alignment by WIM