QQ about LapTimer and GoPro on iOS 15.1.1

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
atmosx
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

QQ about LapTimer and GoPro on iOS 15.1.1

Post by atmosx »

Hello,

I'm using Laptimer (f1) and a GoPro Silver 4. I have four sessions recorded fine in a multicam-setup (master GoPro, secondary camera front-faced). When I try to fetch or preview the "master" video in the overlay LapTimer cannot locate the video, although the camera is connected via WiFi.

When moving the MP4 files in the Photos library, I can old videos but not new ones via Laptimer. Permissions are granted, I can see the videos in the album normally.

I have not used Harry's LapTimer for a long time. I see that iOs 15.1.1 is not fully supported. There's no way to re-link the "master" video from the GoPro apparently. I'll try to re-encode the videos in `mov` format and retry.

Are these known issues that will be solved in the future?

Kind regards,

P.
atmosx
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: QQ about LapTimer and GoPro on iOS 15.1.1

Post by atmosx »

UPDATE: Importing MP4 files via macOS (Photos -> Selected Album -> TrackDays) did not work.

However, importing the video via GoPro app locally and then exporting it to Photos, worked! The video now is available to LapTime for overlay.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The other option available is to connect the smartphone to your Mac a drag the .mov file directly into LapTimer's directory:

Finder ‣ select phone from "Locations", select Files tab, find LapTimer in the list below.

mov files need to go to the LapTimer level, not a sub directory.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
angryfist
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by angryfist »

Finally got my videos imported to LapTimer with this method.
- Convert GoPro .mp4 to .mov using QuickTime.
- Connect iPhone to Mac
- Finder ‣ select phone from "Locations", select Files tab, find LapTimer in the list below.
- Drag .mov files from desktop to Laptimer folder.
- Reset iPhone

I can see the videos under "Video List" -> "Laptimer Recordings" but they seem to be not read correctly because they show up as 00:00.00. I've tried resetting the iPhone and then the videos seem to show up with the correct time and thumbnail but when i go to link them to the data, it again shows up as 00:00.00 and the video file cannot be read again.

iOS version 15.3.1
Harry's Laptimer version 24.5
angryfist
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by angryfist »

Update: I updated to iOS 15.4 and now the video files are read and can be overlayed. I need to reset the phone after each overlay for the video to be able to be played, otherwise it just freezes.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's the known problem since iOS15. I hope to have a fix for the spring release. Till then, please reboot the phone after Video / Export.
Image Image Image Image
adiversi
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by adiversi »

This work for me - thank you. But honestly please fix your iPhone support - it is quite terrible. The video function almost never plays back and seems to be doing something in the background to load (as it usually is not available to play until an hour or two after being recorded). the export and overlay function is very buggy - never works ; unless you do a magic sequence of random things (like rebooting phone). The app used to be good ten+ years ago, but you need to really fix these known bugs on iPhone.