Problem with internal video

Any discussion on using LapTimer. Please use this forum in case you need guidance on how to use LapTimer or perform a certain operation
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Problem with internal video

Post by gremlin »

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here, I've read the video documentation but I'm having a heck of a time getting and video feature to work. I'll break my questions into multiple posts so they don't get lost.

I started a recording with what I thought was only the internal camera, if I look in the internal sandbox I can see it, if I look in the laps I can see a video in the "Picture in Picture" section but Master says "Offline External Cam Recordings" although I'm pretty sure for this case I set it only to use internal camera because the battery was dead on my goPro. Clicking on the PiP video I see file properties and a size, if I click on the Video itself I get a message "Error" Cannot find the video selected, it has probably been moved to another place, or it has been deleted. Offline videos need to be transferred and re-linked...

Except it's there int he sandbox, I can see it. If I click on the video List there's a video under "Laptimer Recordings" with the correct time and date, Clicking this, and then on the thumbnail results in the same message as above.

Help? I don't understand why this isn't working.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with internal video

Post by Harry »

Please either post snapshots of the lap and video details described above, or export the single lap to .hlptrl and send it to me.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gremlin »

thank you Harry,

I've emailed you the lap, I'm not sure whic
IMG_3464.jpg
IMG_3464.jpg (56.21 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
IMG_3465.jpg
IMG_3465.jpg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
IMG_3466.jpg
IMG_3466.jpg (61.77 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
h screen you want to see, I think this is it...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

the lap has the following video associations:

Code: Select all

<video>
                        <overlaid>false</overlaid>
                        <url>multicam://cloud/GRM-1EB7BCD5-GP</url>
                        <syncPoint>133.970</syncPoint>
                </video>
                <video>
                        <overlaid>false</overlaid>
                        <url>file://localhost/LapTimerCapture-20170818-152415.mov</url>
                        <syncPoint>134.200</syncPoint>
                </video>
This means you had both internal and external recording enabled when this lap has been recorded. The multicam link (master video) is often named the "placeholder" for a video recorded using an action cam. Once you transfer the video to your smartphone and run the Re-Link option, this multicam link will be replaced by the actual video and you will get a video shown just like for the internal cam's video.

That's background information. In case you cannot find the action video or don't want to use the external video at all - remove it. For iOS, swipe delete this row - the internal video will become the master. The alternative is to change the role of the videos. Press "Edit" and drag the internal cam's video up to the master position. You will get an information a PiP cannot be added during overlay (the dangling action cam video), but this is just a warning an can be ignored.

The default role for internal / external cam (ie. master and PiP) is defined by the corresponding LapTimer Setting. In case you always want to get internal cam as master, select PiP as the default role for external cams in Settings.

- Harald
Image Image Image Image
gremlin
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gremlin »

Thank you!

That worked, I'm not sure why I thought I hadn't used external, but at least now I've got it working.

I have similar problems with external video and transferring, I've tried multiple times to transfer and I keep running into issues, but that's for a different thread, I'll take some time to write up the description of what it's doing, collect logs and images and submit a full ask then

thank you Harry.