[SOLVED] After 16.0.2 HLP crashes

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Atre777
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

[SOLVED] After 16.0.2 HLP crashes

Post by Atre777 »

Hello everybody,
today I wanted to record some trackdata with the new app update and my new BT1 adapter.
As always I closed the other active apps and started HLP.
After setting up everything I noticed that the apps works abruptly quite slow, then the app crashed and I had to reboot HLP.
I thought nothing of it and just wanted to enter everything again and mounted my iphone.
Even before I can go through the first trickerpoint, the apps switched from video mode to timer mode.
So I dismounted the app and HLP freezed and a message appeared: "Send problem to world" (or something like that). I coudn't push the button ;)
The app didn't react and so I had to reboot again.
Going through the trickerpoint I noticed the app started recording and I thought everything is okay now, but and the end of the track (Trickerpoint END) the app reject the recorded data and started to record an new lap and a new unspecified track. How I this possible? This was the seventh or eighth time I trickered that point.

At the end, I made a snapshot. Everytime I want to record something I see this and the app freezes. Please overlook the calibration notice.

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: After 16.0.2 HLP crashes

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. Firstly, there is indeed a problem with rotation that is not yet fixed in 16.0.2. In case you switch to the Video View from any portrait timer view, and turn the iPhone to landscape then, the UI gets screwed up and is not responsive any more. It is pretty difficult to understand if the wrong operation you describe is related to this or not. I suggest to go deeper into it once 16.0.3 is out - with a working interface. The work around for the issue using 16.0.2 is pretty simply: switch to landscape in the timer view first. Once it is rotated, press the Video button and use the Video View afterwards. This operation will not screw up the display and will keep LT responsive.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

After 16.0.2 HLP crashes

Post by **betsy** »

Hi, I'm having the same issue where by I can't use the Video function?
Once I change the orientation the racers function disappears and I can't use the app?
I'm wanting to use the app for next weekend, is there a workable method?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

After 16.0.2 HLP crashes

Post by Harry »

Rotate, select the Timer view, wait for calibration confirmation, press Video.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

After 16.0.2 HLP crashes

Post by **betsy** »

Many thanks
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Rotating issues aside, I'm getting other errors as well. Too bad I didn't take a screenshot but something about corrupt data/laps, and then after I pressed continue, HLT restarted itself and turns out I didn't end up recording any of my laps from my last session of the day. Unfortunately the club I run with does NOT allow windshield mount so it's not until session is over and I pull phone out from the back that I see my laps were not timed =(
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Dubbedown wrote:Rotating issues aside, I'm getting other errors as well. Too bad I didn't take a screenshot but something about corrupt data/laps, and then after I pressed continue, HLT restarted itself and turns out I didn't end up recording any of my laps from my last session of the day. Unfortunately the club I run with does NOT allow windshield mount so it's not until session is over and I pull phone out from the back that I see my laps were not timed =(
What does "from back" mean? Are you sure you have a good enough GPS connection there? Having limited GPS quality is the most common reason for missed laps. As LT stores its database after each lap, I doubt the missing laps relate to the crash.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

Yes I had strong connection. Mounted on rear windshield and also have Emprum.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

After 16.0.2 HLP crashes

Post by Harry »

I'd recommend to use it in an area visible to you first. Once it works, it is fin to place it somewhere else. There are only two reasons LT does not time correctly. Missing / bad GPS connection, or triggers not loaded / placed wrong. Please check the FAQ in Troubleshooting on "missed laps or several laps as one" (or similar). That's what I have gathered in situations like this.

Harry
Image Image Image Image