Hall of Fame?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
geogan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Hall of Fame?

Post by geogan »

I can't seem to get added to this. I have a fast lap on Lap List page for a particular track and hit the track and then "Hall of Fame" button. It says "Scheduled lap for transmission to Hall of Fame. Please check later" but the lap never appears when I go to Tracks section and the Hall of Fame below the track. And now today the Hall of Fame section below track disappears completely after trying to load for a few seconds. :? How long does submission take? Is it moderated or something? Why would my time not appear then at all?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hall of Fame?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I need to say there is some work to do on the server side... The v16 client is prepared, but the server misses some code (check the status, it is still v15). I will send an announcement once it I done.

Harry

PS The server has been restarted 2 hours ago, so it was probably down.
Image Image Image Image
geogan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Hall of Fame?

Post by geogan »

Harry wrote:Hi,

I need to say there is some work to do on the server side... The v16 client is prepared, but the server misses some code (check the status, it is still v15). I will send an announcement once it I done.

Harry

PS The server has been restarted 2 hours ago, so it was probably down.
OK thanks.

p.s. that large Delete button at bottom of Lap Details screen is very dangerous. I was scrolling down to bottom of page on phone to find the Hall of Fame button on my BEST LAP and my finger hit the Delete while scrolling - it just deleted it without warning! :cry: :cry:
I previously exported this to Dropbox - is there a way to get it back on phone list?

p.p.s. Hall of Fame list on Tracks screen is still not showing (disappears after a few seconds).
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hall of Fame?

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I will add a confirmation in 16.0.3
You can reimport your Dropbox export by sending the file to an email you can read on your iPhone. Please note I had a report this doesn't work well with several mailers as they append an .xml extension to the .hlptrl file.

Long press the attachment and it will be imported to your database. You may edit the .hlptrl file using a texteditor to get this one lap only.

Finally, Hall of fame works, just tested it, please make sure you select a track with existing laps (not all have been used), and that your internet connection is ok

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dubbedown
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Dubbedown »

On a related note whenever I try to view the Hall of Fame for NJMP Lightning, after a few moments of loading, the program crashes. This happened 3x in a row. I am on version 16.0.4
Girvamonkey
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Girvamonkey »

Hey Harry,

Just wondering if there are still issues with the Hall of Fame. I was at the track for 3 days this weekend and for some reason none of my laps appeared all weekend, either automatically or even when I would select "Submit to Hall of Fame" they never appeared. However there was another Lap Timer user at the track and every single one of his laps during the 3 days we were there would appear on the "Most Recent" laps list...

I'm running v16.0.4 and have my settings indicating "Publish Always". And like I mentioned, even the laps I tried to submit manually never did appear.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

@Dubbedown, can you please send a step by step what you are do to generate the bug? I tested it numerous time but it seems I do something different as it does not generate a problem ...

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

@Girvamonkey, so your friend had an Internet connection, and you not? You do not need to set reporting to always, while lapping is enough. The after the fact submission is not yet functional on the server side, please check my post up on the thread. Once it is implemented, you will be able to submit your numbers.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Girvamonkey
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Girvamonkey »

Actually I did have an internet connection while in the pit area, but it is fairly week cell service in the area. Perhaps around the track the signal wasn't good enough. At what point do the lap times automatically get sent to the Hall of Fame server automatically? Are they sent immediately during the timing? Or after the session ends?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

They are sent just after having passed the start / finish line.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image