Missing videos and only 4 laps recorded

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Frenchboy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Missing videos and only 4 laps recorded

Post by Frenchboy »

Hi,

I have experienced video recording issues recently and would love feedback on how to solve them. There are really two distinct issues. I am using V15.0.5

Issue #1:
About 50% of the time lately, laps recorded during video mode show up in the Lap List without videos attached. Is this a know issue or am I doing something wrong

Issue #2:
For as long as I can remember, whenever video mode does work and I get recorded laps with videos in the Lap List, I only get 4 laps whereas the session had 6+ laps.

Thanks for the help,
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Missing videos and only 4 laps recorded

Post by bulls23 »

Just an idea on issue #2:
Are you counting the in and out laps too? If you don't pass the start / finish line on a track (pit lane e.g.) for those, this might be the reason.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

On #1: that is probably a known issue: when ever the app is interrupted while video recording, the whole video is purged. That is fixed in v16 - LapTimer will at least store what exists. Even in v16, it is not possible to continue video recording when the app is interrupted.

Interruptions are e.g. the following: incoming call, app sent to background using the home button, system notifications.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Frenchboy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Frenchboy »

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to V16

As for the issue with only 4 video laps showing up in the lap list, laps start recording when I pass start/finish which seems to make sense.