airplane mode?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

airplane mode?

Post by KiSwiSje »

Short: Is it coincidence, or does airplane mode keep Laptimer from functioning?

Long version: I use video mode, and I have had problems recently, with the gps signal. Inaccurate positioning resulting in laps not complete or several laps in one, or just plain inaccurate laptimes because the stop/go trigger was not precisely recognized.

As I use a 3Gs I thought maybe things in the background slowed the phone down, so I tried turning off some things.

I put the phone in Airplane mode, and at first everything seemed to work ok. The gps sumbol was in the menu bar, i did not see any errors, the gps signal was strong and accurate. Yet no video was recorded, no laps were registered.
I turned airplane mode off and did not fiddle around with it anymore as I wanted to concentrate on driving.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

airplane mode?

Post by Harry »

Airplane mode turns off GPS - what you have seen has probably been an old fix. It furthermore disables access to the photo library, which will generate an issue when overlaying. The only mode flight mode can be used is with a directly integrated GPS connected, otherwise it needs to be turned off.

Please note the iPhone 3 and 3 GS had pretty weak GPSes, so you may consider adding an external device (see Compatibility on www.gos-laptimer.de).

Harry
Image Image Image Image
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: airplane mode?

Post by KiSwiSje »

Thanks for the quick response, Harry