Re-sorting GPS Data

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
puffxy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re-sorting GPS Data

Post by puffxy »

Hello,

I've been having this "Re-sorting GPS Data" thing come up everytime I start laptimer for a little while now, I'm honestly not sure what's causing it or why it's been coming up but it's not really an issue. The problem I do have with it is that it takes around 5 minutes to sort the 40k or so points I have, in this time the phone 'falls asleep', and I'd have to restart the process. The only solution is to keep an eye on the phone and poke at it every now and then to ensure the screen doesn't fall asleep/lock. Could you prevent the phone from locking during this process?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re-sorting GPS Data

Post by Harry »

Hi,

LT resorts the data only in situation it detects an inconsistency in its database. Once you are in LT, please go to Lap List and press "Check Data" here. In case LT starts to resort again here, you need to send your database to me (see viewtopic.php?f=8&t=679). In case you get a message no problems have been found it should be possible to send LT to background first (Home button), kill it (using the iOS task list), and start it again without a resort.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image