[SOLVED] Can't start video recording in AX mode

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
SuperMacGuy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

[SOLVED] Can't start video recording in AX mode

Post by SuperMacGuy »

I am having the same problem as another post, which is now marked "solved". I am using v15.2
I try to prepare the video recording, and no matter how many times I push the iPhone screen, it will not clear the orange dot or start recording.

This past weekend, I had tried to use HLT Pro. When I drive to the staging area, we usually have 2 or 3 cars ready in line. We have to pull up and stop 2 or 3 times. Each time HLT shows the box "50 feet to staging area", and then when I stop it shows the orange dot. When I get to the line, the staging window is sometimes still up, and I press the screen 6-9 times and the close button won't close the window. Or, the orange dot DOES show up, and I press the orange dot 6-9 times. And it doesn't work. I only had it work 1 time on the weekend, and it's such a pain in the ass and doesn't work right. I don't even want to try to explain it to my co-driver. It's too finicky. We just started using the iPhone plain camera app to record runs.

Autocross is what I bought the app for, but it really is not a useful as it should be. Whatever this button problem is really needs addressed. Maybe that blue window "50 feet to staging area" can just be removed. It's so redundant. I don't really care how far to the start. In fact it would be better to just have a button to start recording whenever I want, and I can edit the excess before/after the run by myself.

Chris
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't start video recording in AX mode

Post by Harry »

Please update to the latest version, this bug has been fixed in 15.0.4 (you use 15.0.2).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SuperMacGuy
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: [SOLVED] Can't start video recording in AX mode

Post by SuperMacGuy »

Hm OK. When I get info on the App in iTunes, it clearly says "version: 15.2" not "15.0.2"
When I get info on the app on the phone it says 15.0.2
I'll update and see how it goes.
Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Can't start video recording in AX mode

Post by Harry »

15.2 is the technical version (which should not be visible), check the LapTimer About View, it will state 15.0.2
Image Image Image Image