HLT crashing after couple laps

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Erhanh
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

HLT crashing after couple laps

Post by Erhanh »

Hi Harry,

Since this happens while I'm driving on the track, I can't really pay attention what is happening. But after couple, sometimes several laps later the HLT is crashing. I'm using it in video recording mode. I have Ultimate GPS and KIWI OBD2 attached. I had a bad (flimsy, shaky) dashboard mount. I have the latest app.

Sorry I can't provide too much data on this, but just wanted to share to see if it is a common issue.

thanks,
-erhan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HLT crashing after couple laps

Post by Harry »

Please check 1) data base (press "Check Data" in "Lap List") and 2) if you have enough space available on your phone (to store the video).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Erhanh
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Erhanh »

1) It found 142erros, and fixed them
2) I had enough space for videos.

I should add, it was a cloudy and occasionally rainy day. The Ultimate GPS had a clear shot to satellites.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The 142 errors are not good... Please run the function again to make sure it is really fixed. The crashes are for sure not related to the GPS conditions.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Erhanh
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Erhanh »

I rerun the checks, and nothing are found. But the thing is, once the app crashes and stops recording videos and more importantly data, I don't really care if it can fix the broken data of the few laps. I miss several laps.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Check data is not only about getting back corrupted data. It is mainly to make sure new recordings do not fail due to former inconsistencies. It is a good sign the data check does not report any inconsistencies any more. Most problems were introduced with version 15.0 and 15.0.1 and are fixed now. However, inconsistencies from former run still may disturb LTs operation.

When you say you have enough space for videos, please keep in mind space required is a lot: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=459

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Erhanh
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Erhanh »

Thanks Harry. I have 7gb available space for videos.

Should I delete my old laps?
Erhanh
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Erhanh »

Hmmm now this is getting interesting. I deleted few laps. And then I closed the HLT app. What I mean by that is it does not even stay in the background.

I started HLT again, and before I can press the "I Agree" button, it crashes. When I re-start it, it says checking database, and it finds 1 error and fixes it. If I close the app again (meaning not even staying in the background), I can re-produce this error. I only have 8 lap data, all without any video.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi again,

In case you want to save you recordings, you may send me your database files for manual correction. Otherwise, if LapTimer crashes during startup, you need to delete / reinstall.

The process to send your database is as follows:

Install iExplorer, a free desktop tool available for Windows and MacOS
Connect your iPhone, start iExplorer and navigate to Apps->LapTimer->Documents
Copy all .pdb files you find into a zip and send it to me

I will return the repaired files any you finally need to replace these files on your device with those you receive.

Sorry for any inconvenience, next bug fix release is soon available :-(

- Harry
Image Image Image Image