[SOLVED] Speed is not recording correctly

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Themanalive
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

[SOLVED] Speed is not recording correctly

Post by Themanalive »

This is a brilliant piece of software and I am finding it very useful at the track.

I am having a small problem though with the speed recording. I am currently using an Ipod touch with Dual GPS running at 5hz, but when I look at the data in the video overlay or in any other programme that reads the data, speed is running behind the track position. So, for instance, even though the track map shows that the car is entering a turn, the speed is still accelerating and doesn't start to drop until the car is well into the corner. The GPS position is correct, but the speed calculation seems to be lagging.

Here is a video which I hope will help explain what I mean

[youtube]http://youtu.be/_1J-CtVNNPY[/youtube]

I cant seem to work out how to resolve this. I know that its something user-error related because it is getting the track position correct.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Speed is not recording correctly

Post by Harry »

Hi, just read through this article: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=626&p=2963&hilit=video+delay#p2963 or search for "Video delay". Not a user related error, but something the user needs to help :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image