[SOLVED] Shutting off with incoming call or text message.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
lmcgrew79
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

[SOLVED] Shutting off with incoming call or text message.

Post by lmcgrew79 »

Harry, it seems the lap timer would shut off on track every time i got an incoming call or text message. I also got the obdlink and it seem to shut down more often when it was running, and when it did work the overlay throttle positioin was delayed.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shutting off with incoming call or text message.

Post by Harry »

Yes, that's possible. Please forward incoming calls to your mailbox while driving, that's better both for you and for LapTimer :-) Oddly, it is not possible to forward SMSes, but these do not break LapTimer's operation anyway (as long as you close the Alert silently). I'd love to disable all of this while lapping, but that's not possible in iOS.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lmcgrew79
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by lmcgrew79 »

What about the delay on the obdlink i see a setting for the kiwiwifi but not the obd?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

What do you mean by "I also got the obdlink and it seem to shut down more often when it was running"?
On the delay: to comment on this, I need to understand if you perceive this delay in "realtime" i.e. the Video View, or having it overlaid to a video.

In case you refer to "realtime" - this cannot be changed, LT simply displays things as soon as available. So the realtime feeling strongly depends on the OBD update rate achieved for your specific car.

In case you refer to "overlaid video" and the alignment is not good enough for you with standard settings, you can adjust the timing relation between all the sensors. Here is a quote from another post on adjusting the sensor delays:
The delays simple document an estimate for the time gap or delay between the 'real' event and the time this 'real' event is available in LapTimer. Take e.g. GPS: the satellites send a signal (+time to reach earth), the GPS chips makes a position from this (+processing time), there is a given update rate (+ half the time between two fixes in average, e.g. 0.5s for a 1Hz device), finally time from the sensor to LapTimer's logic (+time again). As not all sensors come with a real time stamp (like GPS does), one needs to work with this kind of heuristics. Finally, if your acceleration data is 'behind' GPS, decrease the delay - and vice versa. Same for all other sensors. GPS serves as a kind of reference here.
Please first check if you perceive a misalignment between the GPS data (video bottom left) and OBD data (video bottom right). Adjust the delays as described and record an new lap (these delays are only taken into account while recording). Overlay this new lap afterwards. In case you perceive a misalignment between the (now well aligned) GPS and OBD data and the video, please adjust the Video Delay expert setting and overlay again. Opposed to the sensor delays, the Video delay is taken into account during overlaying.

I'm aware this is a complicated thing. However, as long as seniors do not have a common time system, we need to go through this. LapTimer comes with some "factory defaults" that hopefully are good enough for most of us.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lmcgrew79
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: [SOLVED] Shutting off with incoming call or text message

Post by lmcgrew79 »

It is in the overlaid video, the gps data and odb match, sorry i just realized that its the video/sound not marching to the throttle.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [SOLVED] Shutting off with incoming call or text message

Post by Harry »

O.k. so play around with the video delay expert setting. Change and re-overlay until it matches. Should be an one time action, future overlays should work fine afterwards.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image