Wrong sensors showing

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Squirry
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Wrong sensors showing

Post by Squirry »

I'm using HLT Grand Prix version 24.6.1 on an iPhone Xs Max using iOS 15.5

At a recent track event, I followed my usual process to connect an external GPS (Dual XGPS 160), and a GoPro.

While still in the pits, I checked the status in Timer view to confirm that everything looked correct, and saw a warning message about a lack of GPS position, and instead of showing the Dual GPS, it was showing a RaceBox Mini and a Kiwi OBD device, neither of which I have.

I suspect these devices were in neighbouring cars, as when my group was called and I brought my car out to the dummy grid in preparation for the session, I was able to reconnect to my GPS, confirm it was the only sensor show in HLT and then proceed as normal.

This leads to two questions:

1 - How does HLT decide to connect to external sensors? I had thought that if they are bluetooth, then I would need to explicitly pair them to my phone in order to use them, however it appears that they have been found by HLT, but because they weren't paired, no data was flowing, hence the warning about a lack of position information.

2 - If this happens again, is there a way for me to manually override, and tell HLT to only use the XPGS that I've paired and ignore any other sensors that it has discovered?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wrong sensors showing

Post by Harry »

BT SPP devices are paired in the phone's settings, BT LE devices are not. So once LapTimer discovers a BT LE device, it will connect. This will happen only in case you are not connected to an external sensor already and this will not happen once the other's sensor is connected to the other's LapTimer (or other app).

It looks the the Racebox Mini has a quite strong signal, I have received multiple reports the last week.

To exclude it for use, you can disable BT LE devices in LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Accessory Tweaks. BT SPP devices will still connect.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Squirry
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Wrong sensors showing

Post by Squirry »

Thanks for the quick response, I'll give that a go.