Hangs on launch

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
PeteAugello
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Hangs on launch

Post by PeteAugello »

Hi, my phone overheated while running LapTimer. After it cooled off I started LapTimer again and I had an empty database. I recorded my next session and now the app hangs on launch. It never clears the splash page.

I have updated the app. I am running Android 12 on a Pixel 4a.
Help! I'm leaving for Watkins Glen in a few days.

Thanks
Pete
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hangs on launch

Post by Harry »

Hello Pete,

That will be data corruption from the overheating initiated turn off.

Please open this URL on your smartphone(!): http://gps-laptimer.de/laptimer/emergencystartup

When LapTimer is started the next time, it will come up and display the demo database.

Automatic backups will be available Administration / Database. You can try to restore them as described in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4916

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
PeteAugello
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by PeteAugello »

Hi Harry, thanks for your reply. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and then restored my last good backup. I lost the laps and videos from the day of the overheating but I am up and running again.
The URL you sent me returns a 404 File not found message. I saw from the forums that there is an Emergency Startup routine but could not find anyplace where it is listed.

Pete
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k, great.

The emergency startup routine for Android is opening the above url on your smartphone. In case the browser is started instead of LapTimer, you need to select LapTimer as the app to open with (instead the browser default).
Image Image Image Image
PeteAugello
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by PeteAugello »

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Pete