Laptimer Grand Prix constantly crashing/restarting

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Stoffl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Laptimer Grand Prix constantly crashing/restarting

Post by Stoffl »

Just tried to setup my Lap Timer Grand Prix with for multicam operation with a "new" Gopro Hero 3+ Black and the app is constantly crashing or restarting. When setting up my user and vehicle information, while browsing the video section, etc

The app keeps constantly crashing or restarting and showing me the welcome screen to accept the EULA. I don't remember having these issues in the past on this android phone. Only thing that changed since last use of lap timer in March was an upgrade to Android 12 and MIUI 13.
Is laptimer not compatible with Android 12 or MIUI 13 ?

Device is a Xiaomi Poco F3
I've tried deleting all app data, uninstalling/reinstalling laptimer and reimporting my database - issue persists.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laptimer Grand Prix constantly crashing/restarting

Post by Harry »

Please make sure you have installed LapTimer v24.6.2.
Image Image Image Image
Stoffl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Stoffl »

I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the app so yes, the most recent v24.6.2 is installed.

Is there some debug option I can enable within the app to let it produce crashlogs ?

Also, I'm using Laptimer Petrolhead which was upgraded to Grandprix from within the app. Dunno if that's relevant.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I checked crash log delivered to Google Play, but there are none for a Xiaomi Poco F3. Please make sure you have enable diagnostics for your device: Settings app ‣ Privacy ‣ Usage & diagnostics.

There has been an issue with Android 12, but that is fixed since 24.6.2. I can't comment on MIUI 13. In general we test against Google devices only - which come with a plain Android version. It is impossible to cover all the gimmicks manufacturers add.
Image Image Image Image
Stoffl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Stoffl »

Harry wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:07 am I checked crash log delivered to Google Play, but there are none for a Xiaomi Poco F3. Please make sure you have enable diagnostics for your device: Settings app ‣ Privacy ‣ Usage & diagnostics.

There has been an issue with Android 12, but that is fixed since 24.6.2. I can't comment on MIUI 13. In general we test against Google devices only - which come with a plain Android version. It is impossible to cover all the gimmicks manufacturers add.
Could also show up as M2012K1AG or Alioth. I've enabled MIUI diagnostics again, I was under the impression that setting would allow debug information to be sent to China / Xiaomi though, hence it being disabled.

Currently trying to link my gopro 3 footate with recorded laps from yesterdays trackday and every attempt to do so causes laptimer to crash and restart. I can select the video, chose reference, it'll show me "x laps referenced" and then laptimer will crash and restart.
I've recorded a log while this is happening and attached it to this post.
Attachments
laptimer_2022-07-09-09-56-39.txt
(246.32 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Stoffl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Stoffl »

Any chance you could check the logs Harry ?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

I have just rechecked the logs. I found a crash log for a Poco F3. The crash occurred for a LapTimer Rookie edition (none for Petrolhead of GrandPrix). Please let me know whether your Grand Prix has been upgraded from an original Rookie purchase. The crash occurs in Android's display routines. These are hard to locate because these routines are not called by LapTimer directly. So I can't see what initiated this problem. As the problem occurred for this device type only, it is probably some incompatibility. In case you have an option to switch Android or GUI version, please try this. Otherwise you are free to return the app. Please contact me by email in this case.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Stoffl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Stoffl »

Harry wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:09 am Hello,

I have just rechecked the logs. I found a crash log for a Poco F3. The crash occurred for a LapTimer Rookie edition (none for Petrolhead of GrandPrix). Please let me know whether your Grand Prix has been upgraded from an original Rookie purchase. The crash occurs in Android's display routines. These are hard to locate because these routines are not called by LapTimer directly. So I can't see what initiated this problem. As the problem occurred for this device type only, it is probably some incompatibility. In case you have an option to switch Android or GUI version, please try this. Otherwise you are free to return the app. Please contact me by email in this case.

- Harry
Yes I think it's display or window related maybe after digging through the log I attached in my post above...Not that I know much about these things. I also have visible "ghosting" / short display flashes when navigating through different menus
I'm afrad rooting and flashing another ROM isn't really a viable option to solve this.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please send a mail to Harry@gps-laptimer.de with the Google Order Number from the receipt. It starts with "GPA". Deleted your private information from the above post.
Image Image Image Image
Stoffl
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Stoffl »

Harry wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:03 am Please send a mail to Harry@gps-laptimer.de with the Google Order Number from the receipt. It starts with "GPA". Deleted your private information from the above post.

So next week I'll have another trackday, any update? Haven't gotten a response to my email so far.