Android 12 and Garmin GLO loosing GPS connection

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Android 12 and Garmin GLO loosing GPS connection

Post by Harry »

Please do not uninstall the app in case you haven’t a recent backup available. I will check if I see a crash log hinting what is wrong. Try to restart the phone, try disabling BT before starting LapTimer again. Btw: in case you have RaceChrono active in background, it will block access the GLO for LapTimer. Do make sure it is killed. You will not see this problem the other way around.

I have been looking for my ancient Glo to reproduce the problem this morning. No luck so far. :-)

Harry
Image Image Image Image
filiphag
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by filiphag »

Have you found the Garmin Glo and manage to reproduce.
I don't think it is that ancient since it is still an active product and possible to buy.
RaceChrono managed to reproduce the issue and fix it quickly but I prefer the Laptimer app.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

A crash may leave the database in a corrupted state producing "crash on startup" conditions. To fix the later, you need to trigger a so called emergency startup: open http://gps-laptimer.de/laptimer/emergencystartup from your smartphone. Make sure it doesn't trigger Chrome but LapTimer. Afterwards, LapTimer will start up with the demo database. You can try restoring your old database by following instructions in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4916

I will check crash logs to see why pressing BT+ would crash LapTimer.
Image Image Image Image
filiphag
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by filiphag »

Updated to latest android release from 31 of October.
Still same issue with Garmin Glo 2 i useless since freezing 5-6s every 10s

Is Garmin Glo 2 dropped from supported divices or?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This will not be a problem specific to LapTimer and the Glo, but a configuration issue (or smartphone BT / Glo BT issue). Please make sure to uninstall any GPS helper app that may run in background. Make sure the Glo is shown as GPS device in LapTimer's Sensor List. To work around smartphone incompatibilities, please tick the "allow insecure BT connection" (I do not have the precise wording with me) in LapTimer's Expert Settings (Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
filiphag
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by filiphag »

Doesn't matter if "Force insecure BT connection" is checked and all gps helper apps is uninstalled.
Same issue remains.
Racechrono managed to fix it directly after it was discovered unfortunately I don't really like that app and what options it have.