Unable to export OBD data

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
CraftyBrewer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Unable to export OBD data

Post by CraftyBrewer »

I have new Veepeak OBDcheck BLE+ device plugged in to my Porsche 987. If I run a OBD App (Car Scanner), the device works fine. When I run HLT (Petrolhead) it "recognizes" the device in the sensor list, and seems happy, etc.

However, when exporting the post-session lap list .csv by email, I only get the GPS related data. The OBD related fields are empty.

Clearly, I've missed a setup task somewhere. Not been able to find anything in the instructions or FAQ's, other than I don't need to pair the device or run a OBD App.

Help most appreciated.

Alan
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to export OBD data

Post by Harry »

Hello,

Please make sure you kill any other OBD app when running LapTimer. They may block access from background.
The other most frequent issue is about protocol negotiation. LapTimer leaves this task to the adapter by default. In case it doesn't work (OBD update rate not shown / 0Hz), please select the proper bus protocol in Settings / Expert Settings / OBD Tweaks / Default Protocol. Refresh Sensor List to make sure changes are applied.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
CraftyBrewer
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Unable to export OBD data

Post by CraftyBrewer »

Great. Thanks. Will try this.