Can't export raw videos from the app (iOS 15.1)

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
alexirt
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Can't export raw videos from the app (iOS 15.1)

Post by alexirt »

I recorded 5 x 20 minutes videos with the app last track day. Trying to download the raw videos, pressing the icon that moves the video to the ios photos app just gets stuck in the exporting screen and the photos app seems to get corrupted and doesn't not save any photos/videos from anywhere in ios until the phone is rebooted. What's a good way to download these videos from the app? Any way to move them to iCloud and then somehow download from there?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't export raw videos from the app (iOS 15.1)

Post by Harry »

alexirt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:40 am I recorded 5 x 20 minutes videos with the app last track day. Trying to download the raw videos, pressing the icon that moves the video to the ios photos app just gets stuck in the exporting screen and the photos app seems to get corrupted and doesn't not save any photos/videos from anywhere in ios until the phone is rebooted. What's a good way to download these videos from the app? Any way to move them to iCloud and then somehow download from there?
Your iPhone media library is corrupted when doing the export with iOS15. Reasons are still unclear but we work on it during Winter. For now, reboot the phone and you will find the overlaid video in Photos and LapTimer. A reboot seems to fix the media library problem.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
oemoilleaks
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by oemoilleaks »

I'm having the same issue but with the overlaid video. It'll export, after considerable time, but when I try to watch it in the library it won't play and crashes the media library app. (iOS 15.4.1)
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This problem should actually be fixed sind iOS 15.4.1 and LapTimer 24.6. Please re-check your LapTimer version to make sure.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cars4enjoying
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by cars4enjoying »

Just tried an export with LapTimer 24.6 is and iOS 15.5 on an iPhone 11 and the media library is still unusable without a reboot.

After the first reboot I could play the overlay video in LapTimer, but after playing a section it also then hung, requiring another reboot as media library was once again in a bad state.

I tried to reproduce that, but havent been able to.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes, it looks like there is still some problem. At least reports dropped from 100% to a very small number sind iOS 15.5.
Image Image Image Image