Unexpected "Information Unspecified" Overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Unexpected "Information Unspecified" Overlay

Post by SwampDaddy »

I'm getting an "Information Unspecified" overlay at the Start/Finish line on recent video overlay exports. Any ideas how to stop this from showing?

Also, after exporting a video and you want to export again with different settings, is there an easy way to reprocess the video. I seem to struggle with this part.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected "Information Unspecified" Overlay

Post by Harry »

This means you have created a custom trigger. Go to Lap List and find the track showing "User Track Set" instead of "Certified Track Set". Touch the row and find the Unspecified trigger. Delete it. Using custom triggers is an advanced topic and not necessary when racing public tracks. You may need it for custom recording like Home2Work or when doing AX or rallies.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by SwampDaddy »

Harry wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:59 am This means you have created a custom trigger. Go to Lap List and find the track showing "User Track Set" instead of "Certified Track Set". Touch the row and find the Unspecified trigger. Delete it. Using custom triggers is an advanced topic and not necessary when racing public tracks. You may need it for custom recording like Home2Work or when doing AX or rallies.

- Harry
I went to the lap list as you suggested and I don't see anything named "User Track Set". Database checked, no problems discovered.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Information Unspecified is the naming you will see for a POI added without further specifying it. It is well possible you deleted it since you did the overlay and can‘t find it anymore. A video readily overlaid will certainly not change after the fact. To get rid of the display, please create a new overlaid video.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by SwampDaddy »

Harry wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:20 pm To get rid of the display, please create a new overlaid video.

Harry
Harry, what's the proper way to create a new overlaid video. Right now I just see a Play button and I'm not sure how to get to the export functionality again.

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_8237.png
IMG_8237.png (271.73 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Provided the original video is still available, you will see a Revert button next to the Play button. It would re-link the lap to the original video and offer Play (real time overlay) and Export buttons afterwards. For the sample shown, the information to the original video is not available any more. I assume this is related to the problems with lap / video references named in one of the other threads. You can try removing the overlaid video (swipe delete) and add the original video manually. The first action will remove the link only, not the overlaid video. Instructions how to add a video manually are available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXjVb8nWCXI But please be aware you will need to sync lap and video here - this information has been lost.

Harry
Image Image Image Image