Help! Laptimer App Persistent Crash - IOS 15.1 Update.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Help! Laptimer App Persistent Crash - IOS 15.1 Update.

Post by SwampDaddy »

I was running an older version of IOS (v13.5.x?) on my iPhone 6s. I upgraded to the current IOS version to IOS 15.1 and now I cannot launch the current version of LapTime (v24.5.0). It started to launch but then seemingly crashes after a few very quick flash of interface elements. I tried offloading the app and then reloading. The result is the same. Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks!

SD
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Help! Laptimer App Persistent Crash - IOS 15.1 Update.

Post by SwampDaddy »

On closer inspection it looks like the app unexpectedly Quits just after the "Checking Database..."
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

ToBeDeleted

Post by SwampDaddy »

Is there a way to delete a post like this one?
Last edited by SwampDaddy on Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please reinstall the app (delete / install) and import the .hlptrl backup file again. Goto Administration ‣ Databases and run Check Data. What happens?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by SwampDaddy »

Hi Harry,

I exported data using iOS 13.5 and after installing IOS 15.1 HLT would not launch so I deleted the app and re-installed. I tried to follow the restore documentation where it states that I should try to open the emailed file from the same device and when I do that nothing happens. HLT is not launched. Data not imported. Please advise.

I had some success copying the old database and videos from a manual Finder backup. I thought everything was working but I'm having a problem with the overlays...

What might be the problem with the restore not working for me?

The database check fixed 38 problems. Nothing obvious working better after the fix.

Current Issues:
-sometimes the export button is not present
-Incomplete laps on export... I cannot specify all of the laps for that video.
-noticed on my last overlay export that the video was truncated to the starting lines... before I had the whole video.

Harry wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:07 am Please reinstall the app (delete / install) and import the .hlptrl backup file again. Goto Administration ‣ Databases and run Check Data. What happens?

- Harry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

To start with, I assume you were able to open the attachment? See the other thread.

38 problems and the additional information lap / video references are screwed up signal some issue with data consistency.
Before dealing with symptoms (like the video topic), you need to check your data please.
#1 repeat the Check Data until it reports 0 problems; several runs may be required
#2 walk through Lap List and check that your laps still show data: for each lap, you should see a Data Recording section with the track's shape

Please let us know what you see.
And please use this thread for all except the Unspecified trigger topic. It is all about the same data consistency.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by SwampDaddy »

Hi Harry,

When I clicked on the attachment, nothing happened. HLT did not open. No import occurred.

#1 Database checked, no problems discovered.
#2 I have verified that ALL laps from two different tracks have data and show the track shape.

As I mentioned before this data was copied via Finder (iPhone File Tab) from a backup to the phone after the new app was installed since I could not get the import to work. Any ideas why clicking (pressing) on the import file does nothing?

Thanks!
Harry wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:05 am To start with, I assume you were able to open the attachment? See the other thread.

38 problems and the additional information lap / video references are screwed up signal some issue with data consistency.
Before dealing with symptoms (like the video topic), you need to check your data please.
#1 repeat the Check Data until it reports 0 problems; several runs may be required
#2 walk through Lap List and check that your laps still show data: for each lap, you should see a Data Recording section with the track's shape

Please let us know what you see.
And please use this thread for all except the Unspecified trigger topic. It is all about the same data consistency.

- Harry
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Tapping / long tapping an attachment is an iOS operation. Even in case LapTimer is not installed on your phone, you should get a lost of apps to handle it. Try a long press and see what happens then. You should get a menu with items like storing to Files, copy etc. Select Share to get a list of apps willing to import the attachment.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by SwampDaddy »

Harry, thanks to you. I just deleted/Re-installed HLT and imported the data successfully then read database repair a few times to fix and verify that the DB is happy. When I was trying to use the attachment, I didn't realize the functionality I needed was in the Share option. I didn't;t want to share the attachment, I wanted to "Open with..." Anyway, I will carefully start over, and try to get these overlays exported.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I can‘t say exactly, but I believe the wording and structure has been changed in iOS15.
Image Image Image Image