Help! Laptimer App Persistent Crash - IOS 15.1 Update.

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Video Lap Integrity - Grouping for Overlay Export.

Post by SwampDaddy »

Hi Harry, because you said to use this thread....
Re: Video Lap Integrity - Grouping for Overlay Export.

I have an issue when exporting video to apply an overlay.... not all laps are selectable. After reinstalling everything and ensuring the DB was error free and after carefully copying the proper video back to the phone, I see in a certain session (laps 13-17) where laps 13-16 would be selectable as a group via export and where 17 (cool down lap) was free standing. Is there a way to fix this? I expect to be able to export the complete session (laps 13-17).
Attachments
IMG_8238.png
IMG_8238.png (225.5 KiB) Viewed 1325 times
SwampDaddy
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Re: Help! Laptimer App Persistent Crash - IOS 15.1 Update.

Post by SwampDaddy »

What does the icon with the vertical lines with the number 2 mean in the lap list? I notice that some have a 2 and some do not.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help! Laptimer App Persistent Crash - IOS 15.1 Update.

Post by Harry »

SwampDaddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:46 am What does the icon with the vertical lines with the number 2 mean in the lap list? I notice that some have a 2 and some do not.
This means there are 2 split times recorded for this lap.
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

SwampDaddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:44 am Hi Harry, because you said to use this thread....

I have an issue when exporting video to apply an overlay.... not all laps are selectable. After reinstalling everything and ensuring the DB was error free and after carefully copying the proper video back to the phone, I see in a certain session (laps 13-17) where laps 13-16 would be selectable as a group via export and where 17 (cool down lap) was free standing. Is there a way to fix this? I expect to be able to export the complete session (laps 13-17).
To make an outer lap belong to a session, it needs to start at the time the lap before ended. In case the gap is too big, it is considered another session. The gap is slightly customizable in LapTimer's Expert Settings. For video overlaying, the video sync for every lap needs to be sound in addition. If e.g. the sync point is behind the end of video, the lap will not be included.

Instead of visualizing a cool down lap as a racing lap (lap time etc), I'd consider using the Intro / Extro feature. Adding an extro of e.g. 10s means the video will be continued 10 seconds beyond the last lap overlaid. It will remove racing lap like overlays and display the result of the last lap instead. Usually a lot nicer. That's the design.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image