Video Not Saving

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
cellmods
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Video Not Saving

Post by cellmods »

I'm having a problem with the video not saving. When I initially tested the video before going to the track it saved fine. But at the track I started recording fine and got confirmation on the screen. We ran a 30 minute session and after coming in it still verified it was recording.

When I checked the lap list it successfully gave me all my lap times. But when I tap on one of the laps to get lap details and view the video the video portions says "NO" with the video icon next to it. It did this for all my laps. What is the reason for this and is there anyway of salvaging the video?

Thanks
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Video Not Saving

Post by bulls23 »

Did you start the video recording manually or automatically through a trigger?
Have you tried editing one of your laps and pointing it to the correct video? Go to on of your laps and press "edit". Either press "no video" or "add video". You then should see a list with small thumbnails of videos on your phone: on top those saved in the laptimer App, below the available videos in your camera roll. If you don't find the video of your 30min session in the upper section, I'm afraid your video is gone :( If you find it there, you simply need to select it and sync it with the end of the corresponding lap.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

cellmods wrote:I'm having a problem with the video not saving. When I initially tested the video before going to the track it saved fine. But at the track I started recording fine and got confirmation on the screen. We ran a 30 minute session and after coming in it still verified it was recording.

When I checked the lap list it successfully gave me all my lap times. But when I tap on one of the laps to get lap details and view the video the video portions says "NO" with the video icon next to it. It did this for all my laps. What is the reason for this and is there anyway of salvaging the video?

Thanks
Hi,

Just to clarify on your situation: have you recorded the missing links (and these NO VIDEOs simply means there is a link, but it is not valid) with a different LapTimer version than the one you currently use? Have you installed 15.0.3 already? I ask because I met a racer in Spa today showing me the exact same picture. He recorded with 15.0.1, had updated to 15.0.2 (and got the effect you state), but had not updated to 15.0.3 already - which recreates the links ;-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cellmods
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cellmods »

I currently have 15.0.2 installed and have only used this version as I just purchased it a few days ago. If I update to 15.0.3 will it fix this issue?
cellmods
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cellmods »

bulls23 wrote:Did you start the video recording manually or automatically through a trigger?
Have you tried editing one of your laps and pointing it to the correct video? Go to on of your laps and press "edit". Either press "no video" or "add video". You then should see a list with small thumbnails of videos on your phone: on top those saved in the laptimer App, below the available videos in your camera roll. If you don't find the video of your 30min session in the upper section, I'm afraid your video is gone :( If you find it there, you simply need to select it and sync it with the end of the corresponding lap.
I started the recording manually. I just tried 'editing' one of my laps and hit no video and do not see any videos from the track day in the camera roll. :cry:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

cellmods wrote:I currently have 15.0.2 installed and have only used this version as I just purchased it a few days ago. If I update to 15.0.3 will it fix this issue?
It's worth a try and you should update to the latest fix version anyway.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

cellmods wrote:I started the recording manually. I just tried 'editing' one of my laps and hit no video and do not see any videos from the track day in the camera roll. :cry:
Wrong button, as long as you have a NO VIDEO preview, press 'Select' to find the list Alex mentioned.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image