Downloading GoPro video?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
dlewis
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Downloading GoPro video?

Post by dlewis »

Hello,

I have a GoPro HERO8 that I'm trying to use with LapTimer. I have it recording all fine, and the videos are showing up in the Video List, but with no thumbnail. And I can't get them to download. With the GoPro connected to the phone with wifi, opening the video from the video list, I'm able to play it, so I can tell its connected. But I can't get LapTimer to download them, so that I can use them in the video overlay. Is there something I'm missing? I've clicked the little cloud button and gotten it to say "Download started", but the thumbnail never shows up, and it gave a warning about downloaded video not being associated with laps? I'm confused.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Downloading GoPro video?

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The direct download in LapTimer is pretty unreliable. It issues a download command and expects things to work. I had talks to GoPro development on this a long time ago. I know they have added special problem handling in their own app to work around this unreliability. Anyway, it is not recommended to transfer footage from GoPro using LapTimer download. You can use GoPro's app and store the video in Photos / Gallery. LapTimer will be able to access it here. Depending on your smartphone and OS, there are other tools to transfer files from SD card / PC to the phone. See Video Documentation (http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation) for options. Once transferred, you need to Re-Link your laps to the place the video has been transferred to. See the document again.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image