Lap Timer doesn't start

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Mapman
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Lap Timer doesn't start

Post by Mapman »

I have been at High Plains Raceway east of Denver CO twice in the past month and the lap timer never starts timing. I download the full track configuration just fine and the status screen all looks good. However the lap timer never triggers to start timing. I tried setting the various trigger items to the wide configuration as recomended in another post but still no timing. I also visited Pueblo Motorsports Park in between these two sessions and the laptimer worked just fine there.

Any ideas on how to get it to recognize HPR?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap Timer doesn't start

Post by Harry »

Please see this FAQ on issue like this: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2

Even so int sounds like the problem is specific to the track set, it might be a problem with GPS accuracy too. With a bad accuracy, you track may still work while another fails. For High Plains Raceway we can check for an issue too. Its Hall of fame has quite some entries, but I do not see times in 2021... So there might be a change we haven't covered already.

While we can do some research from here, it would be great to have manual or incomplete recording to verify. So in case we do not come back here by ourselves, please do the following the next time you use this track:

- enable Manual Timing in LapTimer's Settings
- before starting the session, hit the Start button you will see in Timer View
- once you return press the Stop (not Cancel) button
- export this manual recording to HLPTRL and KML and send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de

In case one of the laps recorded the last time you were at the track, please send this lap using HLPTRL / KML exports.

Thanks.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap Timer doesn't start

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The Hall of Fame observation was wrong, it continues into September 2021. We checked the track set and it looks like it is up to date. We will revise two split triggers, but the current definition should work as expected.

We can continue investigation once we get access to a recording.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image