BUG-REPORT: Video overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
spencers
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

BUG-REPORT: Video overlay

Post by spencers »

Harry,
I am testing out the app to make sure I'm ready for tomorrow's autocross.

I took a test video. Then go to More -> Lap List, and select my lap.
I click the overlay button, click overlay to confirm, click yes (and I tried no) to the timing confirmation, but I get an error each time.
"Overlaying failed as either video or data recording were missing or corrupted."

The video shows up in Camera Roll.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app. It did not fix the issue. I am using the Standard version, 13.2, on my iPhone 4 and I purchased the Video Capture Feature add-on.

I really need help with this!!! It was working fine at my last autocross with version 12.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BUG-REPORT: Video overlay

Post by Harry »

Hi,

The message is shown when either video or GPS data is missing. As the video obviously exists, the GPS data does not. You probably ran this test in your living room without good GPS receiving conditions. I'm pretty sure it will work outside :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
spencers
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by spencers »

Got it fixed. I guess sitting in my house does not provide the data that the overlay needs! :lol:

I tried it outside on my car, and I was able to overlay my video. Success!

I will post the video in a few minutes. :)
edit: here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GawpEOrvzyk
PLX Kiwi Wifi works, too.
Evo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Evo »

Hi,

I am getting the same error trying to overlay video. The app tells me "Overlaying failed as either video or data recording missing or corrupted".

I recorded the video outside on the street, but I ahd a track selected by default so I wonder if I should be on an "Unspecified" track selection? Could that be the reason I get the error?

I am running version 13.4 on an iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3.

Thank you
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

With your software / hardware configuration either the Video or the GPS data is missing... Please check both again, especially the GPS side. LapTimer checks if the GPS recording has a reasonable number of fixes. To verify, just navigate to your lap's details, press the 'Track' row and watch the plot. In case it does not show a reasonable plot, this is the problem. There are no other known problems.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image