Cannot Find Video Folder (Android)

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
AXEM_NS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Cannot Find Video Folder (Android)

Post by AXEM_NS »

Hi I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 and Grnd Prix Edition 20.0.4. Is it really the case that again I cant get my results (video export) because the file is created but cant be seen on explorer and can't be copied ore used on other devices? Unbelievable!!! I bought the software a second time and still get ne reult!! Last time it was a problem between gopro7 and iphone installation. I really cant understnad how others users accept this. I want to get a solution asap.
The workaround don't work as the xternal card put direct into PC explorer can*t open it either. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

jp.fox wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:11 am Thanks Harry, yes I'm using an external SD card. Is there a way to save recorded videos to the SD card for space purposes but then export/overlay the video onto the phone memory to be able to share it?
There are no file operations available in LapTimer, so I think the answer is no currently. But we are working on a solution for the next update.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
AXEM_NS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AXEM_NS »

Hi Harry I spend a complete day to get results out of the Samsung S20 External SD card. Nothing works no chance to reach the data via USB no upload to youtube no upload to a cloud. With all respect either you give a workaround and promise a soon as possible a laptimer software sokution or pass the money back. Its so disappointing everything worked ok on the track and on the overlay and than its impossible to get the result!!!
AXEM_NS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AXEM_NS »

Hi Harry I spend a complete day to get results out of the Samsung S20 External SD card. Nothing works no chance to reach the data via USB no upload to youtube no upload to a cloud. With all respect either you give a workaround and promise a soon as possible a laptimer software sokution or pass the money back. Its so disappointing everything worked ok on the track and on the overlay and than its impossible to get the result!!!
jp.fox
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by jp.fox »

In fairness to Harry, Android has changed and he's working on a fix, these things can't happen overnight. If you take the microSD card out of the phone and plug it into your laptop (not in the phone) then you can access all of your videos there.
AXEM_NS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AXEM_NS »

No sorry but this does not help. My laptop does not see or open the card when putting the card in the slot. The only thing I did not tried so far is an external card reader but I dobt have one so far.
The only way to see that the video is on the card, is when I see my phone on explorer telling me the size of used space on the card. But as you know it tells me there is no files.
I am totally happy with what laptimer is doing! I am fine with the video viewing it on phone but without getting it downloaded it is useless sorry. It would be fine if Harry just let me know a time frame to fix that problem!!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

There is no time frame, but it is one of the top items on the list.
Image Image Image Image
AXEM_NS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by AXEM_NS »

Latest news after an Android update today the explorer tells me that my card has endless free space. So it seams that the file is delted now. Endless Horror. I mean I can recreate it but for what reason?
VinnyG
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by VinnyG »

I may have a workaround...at least it works for me. I have had this same issue, but always could see the files when I install my phone's SD card to my laptop. On my last few track days I could not read the SD card when connected via USB. I had no problem when I took out my SD card and read it directly on my laptop, so it wasn't too big a deal. Yesterday I had a track day, overlayed videos and saved them to my SD card as usual. As expected I had no luck trying to read via USB, so once again I put the SD card directly into laptop, only still no luck. ?? Files could not be found trying a variety of file managers. Now what?

Here is what worked for me....I used Harry's download button (upper right when selecting videos) and directly from Harry's app I downloaded it to my internal phone storage via my file manager. I set up a file path Galaxy/phone/movies/harry (you can use whatever you like as long as it is internal storage).

As soon as it was in my internal phone storage I could access it easily from either USB or directly with SD in computer. The files then work exactly as you would want them to. I manage internal storage by only keeping those files there until I am done editing and saving them to my laptop and Dropbox.