Unable to export videos with Android 11

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
kizza42
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Unable to export videos with Android 11

Post by kizza42 »

G'day,

I just got Laptimer GP edition 24.0.3 and seem to be having permission issues when attempting to save/export videos.
I'm running a Pixel 3 with Android 11, have granted full file permissions that the app requests but regardless the Laptimer software will not write files outside of it's Data directory (Eg. To upload to Google Drive or Youtube or even save to a different folder on the device).

Here is a screen capture demonstrating the issue:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n7dmKy ... sp=sharing
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to export videos with Android 11

Post by Harry »

Yes, I got another report on this. And I agree, this is most probably a permission issue introduced with Android 11. I will upgrade my test device to 11 and try to reproduce / fix it for the next release.

You have probably found the workaround already:
  • connect your Smartphone to a PC using an USB cable
  • you have to set the smartphone USB Preferences to "Use USB for" / "File transfer / Android Auto"
  • select My PC ‣ Devices and drives ‣ your smartphone ‣ Internal shared storage ‣ Android ‣ data ‣ com.harrys.LapTimer* ‣ files ‣ Movies
  • find the video and drag it as a standard copy/move file operation
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to export videos with Android 11

Post by Harry »

Hello,

I have submitted v24.0.4 to the stores, it will get available in about an hour. This version should have the video distribution thing fixed.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image