Corrupted Database - Lost all data from track event

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
RonnieB
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Corrupted Database - Lost all data from track event

Post by RonnieB »

Hello, I attended the last track event of the season the past two days. Went to review lap data the day after getting home and received a corrupted database error as soon as I opened up HLT. It proceeded to wipe the database and from what I can tell, I've lost all data from the past two days. I have a backup from prior to the event, but creating an archive during the event is the last thing on my mind.

So now to the obvious question, is the data gone forever or is there a way to recover any of it from the past 2 days? Does wiping the database seem like an appropriate response to corrupted data found? Is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future because now I've lost quite a bit of confidence that my logged data is safe.

Thanks.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted Database - Lost all data from track event

Post by Harry »

Please start with making sure you have enough free space. Corruption typically occurs because if memory shortage or sudden loss of power.

Please goto LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Database. Go through the list of System Backups in the bottom. Select the latest and swipe / long press the entry to find the Recovery function. In case this succeeds, run Check Data to make sure it is sound. If not, try the next older copy. In case LapTimer discovers corruption during startup, it usually saves this database as system backup to allow a later repair.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
RonnieB
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Corrupted Database - Lost all data from track event

Post by RonnieB »

Many Thanks Harry, that appears to have worked. :D